Some of the best TV I've seen

26 Jun 2013 12:10 #1 by Soulshiner
wasn't on TV last night. It was the live feed from the Texas Senate at the end of the filibuster by Wendy Davis. 180,000 viewers watched at the end when the Republicans tried to take the vote after midnight and then changed the timestamp on official Senate records to make it seem like it was done before. 3 hours later, the Lt. Gov declared it void. As Gomez Adams would say, "That's dirty pool old man."

The crazy thing is that NONE of the news organizations covered this. Social media was totally on top of it and was informing people when the NEWS organizations were running reruns of puff pieces that aren't actually news. Even today, there's not much about what really happened last night. I know it has been the Supreme Court all over the news this morning, but it is amazing that they almost completely ignored what really happened in Austin last night. Twitter and Youtube have now become more informative than any news organization and we all might as well admit that the news business is more Hollywood than anything else now.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2013 12:17 #2 by LadyJazzer
Wasn't it FABULOUS!!!?!?!?!?!??! And even when they tried to CHEAT and cut her off, she STILL won!! (They can't win if they don't cheat...)

It is a GOOD DAY!!

Texas abortion law - DEAD
DOMA - DEAD
Prop-8 - DEAD
Markey wins in Massachusetts !

Sorry we lost the Voting Rights fight...but it's not over...

26 Jun 2013 12:21 #3 by FredHayek
Markey wins in MA? Another old rich white guy wins? Good for the status quo! Instead of a minority combat veteran who is a social liberal and fiscal conservative. Good going Massachussets voter. The same group who kept that drunken pervert Kennedy in the Senate for decades.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 12:48 #4 by Reverend Revelant

Soulshiner wrote: wasn't on TV last night. It was the live feed from the Texas Senate at the end of the filibuster by Wendy Davis. 180,000 viewers watched at the end when the Republicans tried to take the vote after midnight and then changed the timestamp on official Senate records to make it seem like it was done before. 3 hours later, the Lt. Gov declared it void. As Gomez Adams would say, "That's dirty pool old man."

The crazy thing is that NONE of the news organizations covered this. Social media was totally on top of it and was informing people when the NEWS organizations were running reruns of puff pieces that aren't actually news. Even today, there's not much about what really happened last night. I know it has been the Supreme Court all over the news this morning, but it is amazing that they almost completely ignored what really happened in Austin last night. Twitter and Youtube have now become more informative than any news organization and we all might as well admit that the news business is more Hollywood than anything else now.

And that riot was just like the Tea Party when they stormed the... oops... the Tea Party has never acted like those thugs... my bad (oh... P.S. I'm for right to choose... just not for right to riot).

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Jun 2013 15:29 #5 by Soulshiner
Well when the people in charge bend and break the rules as much as they were last night, I'd wager that the Tea Party would become a bit rowdy.

26 Jun 2013 15:48 #6 by Reverend Revelant

Soulshiner wrote: Well when the people in charge bend and break the rules as much as they were last night, I'd wager that the Tea Party would become a bit rowdy.

So... that's just you're opinion? I watched that... I saw that... I don't need opinions when it comes to liberals like that bunch of thugs in Texas or the Occupy people... I have absolute proof of my assertions.

26 Jun 2013 16:08 #7 by FredHayek
Gov. Rick Perry wants to call a special session. NR tweet. Will Wendy's efforts be in vain?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 17:06 #8 by LadyJazzer
Even if it passes, look for Wendy to ultimately be Lt. Governor, Governor, or even Senator... Texas is turning Blue, and those morons running the show aren't going to last forever. And everything they pass to wage War on Women, War on the Poor, War on Minorities, is subject to being rescinded....

26 Jun 2013 17:16 #9 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Even if it passes, look for Wendy to ultimately be Lt. Governor, Governor, or even Senator... Texas is turning Blue, and those morons running the show aren't going to last forever. And everything they pass to wage War on Women, War on the Poor, War on Minorities, is subject to being rescinded....

War on Coal.

26 Jun 2013 21:41 #10 by Soulshiner
They tried to cheat. They doctored the time of the vote and when there was an uproar, thanks to social media, the GOP had to admit that the vote was late. This is a fact as it was documented with screen shots. If you are defending the actions of the Republicans in the Texas Senate last night, then there is no talking any sense with you. Good night.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds