Americans Oppose U.S. Intervention In Syria’s Civil War

25 Aug 2013 08:08 #1 by Wayne Harrison

Given the substantial doubt among experts regarding the claims that the Syrian government used chemical weapons on its own people, and the desire of the American people to stay out of another war even if Syria did use such weapons, the U.S. government’s saber rattling appears to be further alienating a population already skeptical due to the NSA spying scandal and Iraq war.

http://bit.ly/17cGdRM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2013 11:12 #2 by FredHayek
US cruise middle launching ships are moving forwards Syria so it looks like the White House plans to ignore us.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Aug 2013 11:51 #3 by deltamrey
SUGGEST FRED YOU LOOK OVER THE SSGNS CONVERTED FROM OHIO CLASS BOOMERS (MICHIGAN, OHIO, FLORIDA, AND GEORGIA).. EACH CARRY 152 CRUISE BIRDS AND 60-80 SEALS......PROBABLY IN PLAY.

Would be an expensive little play but with the Cruisers also in play, Syria will weenie out and OBAMAcakes will look good in the mass media is my take. 300-500 Cruise birds targeted off satellites are not to be foold with (all this unclass FYI).

25 Aug 2013 12:27 #4 by deltamrey
I am guessing a few Akula II and III Russian Attack boats are in the area as well as a few USA Fast Attacks......the COLD WAR continues. Putin (a worthy advisary) is calling OBAMScakes out.........and rebuilding his submarine fleet as we discuss this little skirmish. Essentially ALL armaments (yes including bio-chemical) come from Russia and China into Syria and other ME hot spots.

NOW kiddies.....MAD is in play but you at the mall are "OK" for the time being. ALL those cruise missiles
hundreds....a few are nuclear tipped and we I am sure have let the Muslims know a few are targeting MECA.....just a little high stakes poker to amuse the Navy.

25 Aug 2013 13:17 #5 by Wayne Harrison
What you describe is nothing different from the way it's been since I was a kid. I'm surprised we haven't had another Cuban missile crisis somewhere else in all that time. Meanwhile the military industrial complex just keeps getting richer.

25 Aug 2013 13:33 #6 by deltamrey
CV----you mwrong....it is much different. Must have never been informed----not yoiur fault. YES the tech folks are well paid.

25 Aug 2013 14:57 #7 by FredHayek

Conservative Voice wrote: What you describe is nothing different from the way it's been since I was a kid. I'm surprised we haven't had another Cuban missile crisis somewhere else in all that time. Meanwhile the military industrial complex just keeps getting richer.

Actually the money spent on the military as a percentage of GDP is way below it was during the Cold War. (Please check the facts instead of outdated perceptions.)

25 Aug 2013 15:10 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Inflation adjusted defense spending:

25 Aug 2013 17:44 #9 by FredHayek
Bullshit. You really think spending has increased as a percent of GDP and the budget since the Cold War has ended?

25 Aug 2013 18:08 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Fred, I never mentioned defense spending as a percent of GDP -- YOU DID. All I said was the military industrial complex is getting richer. You changed the goal post to percent of GDP.

Do you really think mililtary contractors are getting poorer?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds