Where are all the California is going bankraupt threads now?

04 Oct 2013 12:04 - 04 Oct 2013 12:12 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
You know the ones blaming all the state troubles on "liberals and mexicans"...You know, the threads we always used to see when a republican (Arnold) was governor? I know you can't watch Youtubes at work, but check it out when you get home..Its good, and

He's talkin to you backwood crackers here
[youtube:3h4vht61]
[/youtube:3h4vht61]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2013 12:09 #2 by FredHayek
If you include the costs of those future public pensions, California is still deep, deep, in debt.
But nice to see them make some progress.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Oct 2013 12:14 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
I think The people of California will put pensions ahead of Air Craft Carriers in the very near future...

So you'll have to as well

05 Oct 2013 11:04 #4 by Residenttroll returns
Maher is a very transparent folly for liberals:

Here's the facts Jack:

"A report by CBS revealed actual debt numbers for California between $848 billion and $1.1 trillion. The report accounted for debt from K-12 public schools, city government, county government and special districts debt, unfunded pension and retiree healthcare liabilities, and the interest on those liabilities. Furthermore, California owes the federal government over $10 billion in unemployment-insurance payments. "

"The private sector will continue to have to pay for the bloated public sector as the gnarly wave of promised pensions crashes onto the shore. The shrinking birth rate and the increase in the population of retired baby boomers means that the pension problem is the real “quandary” facing California. For example, the pension fund of the teacher’s union alone requires $4.5 billion more a year. That’s the entire budget surplus right there."

Imagine that....you increase taxes...increase spending in 2014 because of increase revenue...but still have a $1 trillion in debt. Call us stupid when you pay down the $ 1 trillion or better yet, just pay back the unemployment insurance payments this year. ... I bet these liberal morons go bankrupt within 3 years. The first year revenue increases were generated by trapped payers....imagine what's going to happen when those payers go to Texas (no income tax) or North Carolina you stupid libtard a$$ .

I don't know who I makes me sicker: Maher, Reid, or Holder

http://spectator.org/blog/2013/06/26/br ... -californi

05 Oct 2013 15:21 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

I know you doom and gloom chicken littles hate good news..so brace yourselves
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=california%27s+Resurgence+economy

06 Oct 2013 10:19 #6 by LOL

Some Birdbrain wrote: Where are all the California is going bankraupt threads now?

Probably nowhere since a state cannot go bankrupt because Federal law doesn't allow it (yet). Only municipalities (towns and cities, etc) can go belly-up. Fish too!

I dunno what bankraupt is. Maybe they should try it though.

:)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Oct 2013 10:33 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Scary isn't it..Balanced budgets, most of the treasury going to "we the people".....Why I think if we got into another war California would opt out of paying for it...

Thats the future boys, thats the blowback from the Tea Party movement...

America is sick of the crazies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYJgbzNKVso

06 Oct 2013 10:53 #8 by HEARTLESS
Big Dookie, you need to take a movement, we are in an unending war or terrorism, supported by your elected emperor. I'd like to see the peoples republic of California try to opt of paying federal taxes. :smackshead:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Oct 2013 18:44 #9 by UNDER MODERATION

HEARTLESS wrote: Big Dookie, you need to take a movement, we are in an unending war or terrorism, supported by your elected emperor. I'd like to see the peoples republic of California try to opt of paying federal taxes. :smackshead:

No..Not all taxes you retard, just the taxes (68 billion) they they have to send to DC for war.

06 Oct 2013 20:41 #10 by Residenttroll returns

Big Dougy wrote: Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

I know you doom and gloom chicken littles hate good news..so brace yourselves
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=california%27s+Resurgence+economy

California is going down.....the recent tax increases are like treating cancer with aspirin.

Consider:

Shockingly, California now has the highest rate of poverty in the nation, measured at 23.5 percent, significantly higher than any of the states of the Deep South.
The state government is awash in debt, hundreds of billions of dollars, much of it stemming from the Cadillac salaries, pensions and retiree health-care benefits paid to state employees. The pension reform proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown and enacted last year was helpful, but it was a small solution to a giant problem.

The state that historically was among the last to fall into recession and among the first to pull out it, has flipped. In the previous three national economic recessions, the California job market has fallen farther and taken longer to recover than the U.S. market. Unemployment in California today, though thankfully falling, remains among the highest in the nation. Of California’s 58 counties, 27 are burdened by unemployment at or above 10 percent; four of them have a jobless rate higher than 15 percent. In Imperial County, the jobless rate in April was 24 percent. It was 19.9 percent in the Central Valley’s Colusa County.

The educational performance of California students now ranks near the very bottom as measured by the National Assessment of Educational Progress, known as “the nation’s report card.” On the state test for 2011-2012, only 56 percent of students scored at the proficient level or above in English. Even fewer, 51 percent, were proficient in math.

The state lost 33 percent of its industrial base from 2001-2012, declining 11 percent more than in the United States as a whole. The state is now increasing manufacturing jobs at an anemic rate that lags far behind that of the nation.

Once the national leader in export growth, California has been losing ground for more than a decade and is now a distant second to Texas in total exports.

State and local government regulatory agencies are strangling the efforts of small and large businesses to expand. Evidence is abundant that many companies are leaving the state or, more commonly, deciding to expand elsewhere rather than here at home in a state that consistently ranks at or near the bottom of surveys of the business climate. Even San Diego, which likes to promote itself as “business friendly,” was given an “F” for friendliness to small businesses for the second year in a row in one survey this spring.

Environmental regulation, more restrictive than anywhere in the country, only adds to the burdens on business. Under AB 32, the state’s landmark legislation to combat global warming, energy costs for California manufacturers are projected to be 50 percent higher than any other state. The simplest of permits can take weeks or months. Environmental “greenmail” lawsuits against development projects are common.

Beyond the metastasizing cancers afflicting state government, many local governments also are in financial peril. Stockton and San Bernardino are bankrupt and Vallejo recently emerged from bankruptcy. Of the three, only San Bernardino has attempted to address its pension debt. Many other local governments struggle to stay out of what municipal finance experts bureaucratically refer to as “service delivery insolvency” — the point at which a government is considered essentially unable to effectively deliver services to its people.

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/06/0 ... -the-dream

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds