PC SCHOOL BOARD VACANCY

10 Aug 2010 11:53 #1 by AV8OR
With the formal resignation of Ron Schindler as a member and President of the Platte Canyon School District Board, comes a vacancy. In my personal opinion, Mr. Schindler, you are First Class and will be challenging to replace.

However, the community must move on and seek to present to the surviving board members - good candidates to choose from. After attending the board meeting last night, Monday, August 9; it is my understanding that the current board members will "appoint" a replacement to serve the remainder of Mr. Schindler's term and at the conclusion of the next biennial election.

The board determined that they would start a "60 day clock" at the beginning of the next official board meeting, in which they must find a replacement.

My initial thought was that the vacancy should be filled "sooner than later." However, Mr. Schindler, with his thought out rationale, cautioned the board on moving to fast. He urged the board to use as much time as was available to identify good candidates. It would take time to search the community. If during the interview process a "clear winner" shined, then by all means, close the search and appoint them.

Well said Mr. Schindler! I pray that we can find a candidate that comes close to your methodology and thought process.

Here are some of my mere opinions.
1.) In a short period of time this school district will face scrutiny by the public, the parents and the media with respect to what happened in 2005, 2009 and quite possibly, other years.

2.) Those folks will be in an uproar with regard to what actions took place and the ommissions that followed.

3.) Heads will certainly roll and justifiably should.

4.) The district will be upside down with folks wanting answers and individuals looking for life preservers.

5.) The safety of our children will be raised.

6.) The oversight of our taxpayer dollars will be questioned.

7.) This will be an opportunity to clean house and removing the plaque that has clogged the arterial makeup of this community.

8.) Most importantly, the students will still attend the schools and deserve the best education that we can possibly give them!

The candidate will need the following traits and skills.

1.) They must be a leader like no one has seen in awhile.

2.) They must be an individual of 5 that will be able to bring cohesion to a board of 5 that will undoubtedly have differing ideas as to how to resolve problems to the above issue items.

3.) They must be able to help provide confidence to the public that the board is aware of all the problems and will collectively work together to provide SOLUTIONS.

4.) They must be reactive in identifying the cause of the problems and PROACTIVE in bringing forth SOLUTIONS.

5.) They must have the ability to be a problm solver.

6.) They must know how to work with INVESTIGATIVE authorities.

7.) They must possess strong business accumen.

8.) They must understand education and how quality education, or the lack thereof, impacts our children.

9.) They must realize that the SCHOOL SUPERINTENDANT REPORTS TO THE BOARD and not vice-versa!

What we, as a community, must do.

1.) Identify potential candidates with the above qualifications.

2.) Refrain from referring candidates because we like them or because they tell us what we want to hear. After all, is politics not what brought trouble to this county and school district?

Thank you for your time!

This author has a horse in this race because of children in the district - TEENAGE GIRLS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 14:28 #2 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic PC SCHOOL BOARD VACANCY
It seems to me that you sound like you are just that person to replace Ron Schindler and bring some accountability to the school board.

11 Aug 2010 22:27 #3 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic PC SCHOOL BOARD VACANCY

Nmysys wrote: It seems to me that you sound like you are just that person to replace Ron Schindler and bring some accountability to the school board.

Nmysys,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. It means much.

Folks, I just had a good conversation with someone we all very much respect. Dr. Walpole is the catalyst in starting the domino effect. If you would SINCERELY like to know more, I will initiate a meeting discussion on the following thread:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3006 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3006<!-- l -->

Come over to that thread and chime in on a meeting location and time.

16 Aug 2010 21:38 #4 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic PC SCHOOL BOARD VACANCY
So that Dr. Walpole does not forget about us on this issue...

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds