TX Abortion Restrictions Declared Unconstitutional

28 Oct 2013 14:22 #1 by LadyJazzer
Texas Abortion Restrictions Declared Unconstitutional By Federal Judge

Imagine my surprise... The same court invalidated the Mississippi law too... Looks like the War-on-Women isn't working so hot for the GOTP...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2013 14:36 #2 by Rick
Yay for being able to kill more babies easier!!! :fwave:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Oct 2013 14:40 #3 by FredHayek
Yeah! Women don't deserve clean abortion clinics! Gosnell can now open up a chain of chop shops in the Lone Star State.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Nov 2013 06:05 #4 by PrintSmith
Imagine my surprie - a panel of the 5th Circuit has overturned the activist Judge Yeakel's ruling regarding the portion of the law that required doctors to have admitting privileges at a hospital in a unanimus decision.

Interesting to note as well that not even Yeakel could find a way to overturn the provision that restricted abortions after 20 weeks or that abortions must be done in surgical facilities - though Jazzer failed to note that in her earlier cackling on how the law was overturned on constitutional grounds.

To call her attempt at deception disingenuous would be kind, as would labeling it willful ignorance. Blatant misrepresentation of the facts seems most appropriate here.

01 Nov 2013 07:57 #5 by FredHayek
So the runaway judge was tased & cuffed?

04 Nov 2013 15:44 #6 by LadyJazzer
Appealed to the US Supreme Court in 5-4-3-2-1 ....

And today the Oklahoma ban on medicinal drugs like RU-486 that was struck down by the Appeals Court was upheld by SCOTUS...This will likely strike down similar laws in TX, ND, OH and AZ...

Apparently the SCOTUS can strike them down as fast as the pro-life extremists can pass them.

04 Nov 2013 15:51 #7 by Reverend Revelant
I am pro-choice.

That said... Lady Jazzer's hurrah's make it sound like killing fetuses is a spectator sport. Thank f'king god that she's not a spokesperson for the pro-choice movement.

Then again it's a nice diversion from Obama's screwed up health care law.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Nov 2013 00:40 #8 by PrintSmith
What's that you say Jazzer? The Supreme Court of the United States of America refused to allow an injunction on the Texas laws while the appeals process is underway? How can that be? Why would the majority fail to prohibit the implementation of the law if, as you allege is the case, there is no doubt about the law being unconstitutional?

There is, of course, an answer to those questions, isn't there Jazzer. The days of the extremists such as yourself having sway on this matter are a matter of history. Reason is starting to once again assert itself in this area of the law. All are one step closer to truly being created equal under the rule of law.

Just because I'm curious, how does that crow taste these days?

20 Nov 2013 06:24 #9 by The Boss

LadyJazzer wrote: Texas Abortion Restrictions Declared Unconstitutional By Federal Judge

Imagine my surprise... The same court invalidated the Mississippi law too... Looks like the War-on-Women isn't working so hot for the GOTP...

Glad to still be a man and not have to deal with this crap directly.

You keep on "winning" your war, I will keep on enjoying not being in one.

And obviously I support a woman's right to terminate her own child, it is hers. Just like Walter, LJ's enthusiasm does make it sound as if she likes killing babies.....you see, this is the one choice in the whole world she feels people can make without the help or mandate of govt.

You keep doing what you are doing.... :biggrin: ....I assure you abortion will be illegal again within a decade or two. If anything, it will be a govt decision and you will apply for an abortion permit, it will cease to be your decision, like LJ pushed for on ALL other issues.

20 Nov 2013 06:54 #10 by FredHayek
Like above, I support abortion rights but being against abortion clinic standards of cleanliness isn't something to be proud of. Is it really a war on women to make sure they have healthy places to get abortions? Instead of dying on the table like under Dr. Gosnell's care?

LJ, time to change the title? Reasonable Texas abortion restrictions are ruled constitutional!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds