I'm Sure it's Just a Coincidence...

29 Nov 2013 23:05 #31 by otisptoadwater
Tick-tock indeed MF'r - tomorrow is 30 November and I'm chomping at the bit to see what's fixed!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2013 23:18 #32 by Jekyll
We'll see the results tomorrow Otis, but here's a link from CNN tonight: http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_c2

For the hell of it I'll include this puppy: www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s ... 5469,d.cGU

You need Adobe Acrobat to open it, but it's straight from medicare.gov. How much will THESE costs increase and how much will be passed to those that actually work?

What's a good reason for no work? See my thread "Death by China." Thank you.

29 Nov 2013 23:21 #33 by Jekyll
"It's one big sh** sandwich and we're aaall gonna have ta take a bite." -Realist

29 Nov 2013 23:25 #34 by Jekyll
When the dollar folds in on itself we'll see some sh** people, some..real..serious..sh**, and no elected official with half an IQ will be anywhere NEAR anywhere public with the public. Believe it.

29 Nov 2013 23:43 #35 by Blazer Bob
Glad to know that if it was not a pack of right wing lies you would be disillusioned by the incompetence of progressive governance.

Lucky for you all the administration screw ups are ether not true or the republicans fault.

LadyJazzer wrote: In the meantime he's probably lying and hasn't even checked to see if there's a better plan for less money...Oh, boo-friggin'-hoo...

Let me know when you have some FACTS other than "what he said on a FauxNews interview."

I'm "coming around to" nothing more than an extreme amount of fatigue listening to the incessant whining of the usual right-wing blather, reciting the talking-points of the GOTP playbook. (And wondering what you'll whine about next when the ACA starts working....)

January 1st.... tick-tock, tick-tock.... :wave: :wave: :wave:

30 Nov 2013 16:18 #36 by Blazer Bob

otisptoadwater wrote: In the meanwhile, a guy who voted for Barr and had a healthcare plan that was helping him defeat cancer is now without healthcare insurance and that's directly attributable to the passage of Barrycare. Spin it in any direction you want to, Barry lied to the American public on this issue and many more, slowly even your kind are coming around to the truth even if you won't openly admit it.

Are you referring to this guy.

"In Ian Fleming’s Goldfinger, the eponymous Auric Goldfinger observes:

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it’s enemy action.

That may be overly generous.

A couple of weeks back, cancer patient Bill Elliot, in a defiant appearance on Fox News, discussed the cancelation of his insurance and what he intended to do about it. He’s now being audited.

Insurance agent C Steven Tucker, who quaintly insists that the whimsies of the hyper-regulatory bureaucracy do not trump your legal rights, saw the interview and reached out to Mr Elliot to help him. And he’s now being audited.

As the Instapundit likes to remind us, Barack Obama has “joked” publicly about siccing the IRS on his enemies. With all this coincidence about, we should be grateful the President is not (yet) doing prison-rape gags."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/36 ... mark-steyn

30 Nov 2013 16:36 #37 by otisptoadwater
One in the same Bob, there was a little topic drift between the OP and page 4. Thanks for putting the thread back on course.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

01 Dec 2013 17:03 #38 by FredHayek
Some conservative groups are encouraging people to crash the site tomorrow

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Dec 2013 17:42 #39 by Blondie

FredHayek wrote: Some conservative groups are encouraging people to crash the site tomorrow

If it crashes tomorrow, it will be the conservatives fault? I believe there are people of many persuasions that believe health care is important. There are people trying to do the best they can to provide for their families. It is supposed to work. But just for you Fred, I wont try to access the system. I am a conservative, I will let you guys blow it up on your own. Just being proactive. You are welcome.

01 Dec 2013 18:01 #40 by otisptoadwater
I'm not sure that conservatives need to go out of their way to try to crash Barrycare's web site, it seems to be doing that all by itself despite all of the repairs and re-writing of code in recent days to try to fix it.

Either way, most of us who still work for a living will pay ever increasing premiums for healthcare. Those who earned their retirement will continue to face increasing cuts in their coverage. The folks who legitimately need public assistance may not get everything they were getting before Barrycare. But the freeloaders will continue to enjoy their spoils as long as Barry continue to pump more money in to his healthcare law.

What to do? Repeal Barrycare and figure out a way to stop the insurance companies from over charging everyone for basic healthcare services. A broken arm shouldn't be something that comes with a range of prices based on where you live, how much money you make, or what your insurance provider will cover.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds