I'm Sure it's Just a Coincidence...

01 Dec 2013 18:05 #41 by deltamrey
The basic problem is the Rustbelt losers in WDC used patronage for vendors rather that quality.....cutting corners and letting lawyers and managers address tech is always risky....bet if Oracle had the contract this would have gone much better.....silicon valley rules this space.

BTW Otis...well put.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2013 19:45 #42 by Rick

otisptoadwater wrote: What to do? Repeal Barrycare and figure out a way to stop the insurance companies from over charging everyone for basic healthcare services. A broken arm shouldn't be something that comes with a range of prices based on where you live, how much money you make, or what your insurance provider will cover.

The price of insurance is just a reflection of the price of health care in general. You can't expect insurance to be affordable when a hospital charges $7.00 for a $.20 disposable razor blade. Why are MRIs 3k plus, malpratice insurance through the roof, drug costs ridiculous, ambulance services, emergency rooms etc? Every aspect of health care is overpriced beyond belief because of lawyers, major bureaucracies, fraud, and inefficiencies. I'm no insurance industry cheerleader but it's just common sense... if a car windshield was to cost $2000 to replace or a paintjob cost $20,000, only the rich would be able to afford auto insurance.

The ACA did nothing to address costs, in fact, it made costs even higher in some respects like adding a tax to medical devices.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Dec 2013 20:52 #43 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Some conservative groups are encouraging people to crash the site tomorrow

Gee, kind of says it all about the teabagger/knuckle-draggers. They couldn't kill it with 43 separate votes in the House; they couldn't kill it by shutting down the government (and adding $24 Billion in unnecessary costs, and costing a large number of some people's jobs; they couldn't kill it by threatening to take the country into debt-default.... But they'll try to kill it by crashing the site....

Yep. I was right... Anthrax and certain kinds of pond-algae ARE higher life-forms...

Always nice to see some of the lower forms admit it in the open...

(Insert the GOTP Plan here: _ )

01 Dec 2013 21:22 #44 by FredHayek
Looks like the only person who will get to keep the health plan he likes is Barack Obama. He gets to make tens of millions suffer with his plan because his ego won't let him negotiate a compromise with America.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Dec 2013 08:56 #45 by The Boss
Perhaps we could introduce a law where people make their own decisions and then we don't all have to worry and debate everything forever.

Seems this collective decision making is not working and ends up making everyone responsible for everything that does not go right, in stead of someone just making good or bad decisions for themself.

I would suggest that when you leave it to the individual, they at least make good decisions some of the time vs. none of the time when we do it collectively.

Or we can stick to this central planning kick, because even though it has not worked after 100,000,000's of tests, the problem is we just haven't tried hard enough. Keep on debating how hard to tug the leash, at some point someone should stop and note that the dog has been dead for years.

02 Dec 2013 09:58 - 02 Dec 2013 10:50 #46 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Some conservative groups are encouraging people to crash the site tomorrow

Gee, kind of says it all about the teabagger/knuckle-draggers. They couldn't kill it with 43 separate votes in the House; they couldn't kill it by shutting down the government (and adding $24 Billion in unnecessary costs, and costing a large number of some people's jobs; they couldn't kill it by threatening to take the country into debt-default.... But they'll try to kill it by crashing the site....

Yep. I was right... Anthrax and certain kinds of pond-algae ARE higher life-forms...

I'm beginning to get the full picture here. Fred Hayek is actually a Lady Jazzer sock puppet designed so she can argue with herself.

Nobody does a better job of setting up a comeback for Lady Jazzer than Fred Hayek. Hands down. He's the straight man for her schtick.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Dec 2013 10:25 #47 by The Boss

Walter L Newton wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

I'm beginning to get the full picture here. Fred Hayek is actually a Lady Jazzer sock puppet designed so she can argue with herself.

Nobody does a better job of setting up a comeback for Lady Jazzer than Fred Hayek. Hands down. He's the straight many for her schtick.

hmmm....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds