Huffpost ID obama's actions as inappropriate/appocoliptic?

12 Dec 2013 15:09 #11 by homeagain
I really did not see it as a slight......what I DID see was a VERY sullen/simply pissed Michelle,her
jaw set and looking like she wanted to deck someone.... :Whistle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2013 15:31 #12 by Mary Scott

homeagain wrote: I really did not see it as a slight......what I DID see was a VERY sullen/simply pissed Michelle,her
jaw set and looking like she wanted to deck someone.... :Whistle

That's what I saw. A woman who is the First Lady of the United States, who should know there is a camera on her ever time she is in public, having a snit.

Not very becoming.

13 Dec 2013 06:54 #13 by netdude
Neither of you really read the sory..... her look was nothing but a moment in time... not her demeanor for most of the evening or even this sequence, and to expect someone during a 4 hour event have moments of not being perfect... is one of the silliest things I've heard of.

So, here from the story:

I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance.

I took these photos totally spontaneously, without thinking about what impact they might have. At the time, I thought the world leaders were simply acting like human beings, like me and you. I doubt anyone could have remained totally stony faced for the duration of the ceremony, while tens of thousands of people were celebrating in the stadium. For me, the behaviour of these leaders in snapping a selfie seems perfectly natural. I see nothing to complain about, and probably would have done the same in their place. The AFP team worked hard to display the reaction that South African people had for the passing of someone they consider as a father. We moved about 500 pictures, trying to portray their true feelings, and this seemingly trivial image seems to have eclipsed much of this collective work.

13 Dec 2013 07:04 #14 by Reverend Revelant

netdude wrote: Neither of you really read the sory..... her look was nothing but a moment in time... not her demeanor for most of the evening or even this sequence, and to expect someone during a 4 hour event have moments of not being perfect... is one of the silliest things I've heard of.

So, here from the story:

I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance.

I took these photos totally spontaneously, without thinking about what impact they might have. At the time, I thought the world leaders were simply acting like human beings, like me and you. I doubt anyone could have remained totally stony faced for the duration of the ceremony, while tens of thousands of people were celebrating in the stadium. For me, the behaviour of these leaders in snapping a selfie seems perfectly natural. I see nothing to complain about, and probably would have done the same in their place. The AFP team worked hard to display the reaction that South African people had for the passing of someone they consider as a father. We moved about 500 pictures, trying to portray their true feelings, and this seemingly trivial image seems to have eclipsed much of this collective work.

The reporter is scared that he has caused a problem for his liberal propaganda masters. Bad photos, bad photographer... you will be punished for your indiscretion.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Dec 2013 07:04 #15 by FredHayek
That is just his interpetation or spin. He choose to publish that photo, why did he if it is unrepresentative?
I think he is just covering for her foul mood.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Dec 2013 07:08 #16 by Brandon

Walter L Newton wrote: The reporter is scared that he has caused a problem for his liberal propaganda masters. Bad photos, bad photographer... you will be punished for your indiscretion.

Are the voices in your head a little louder than usual this morning?

13 Dec 2013 08:01 #17 by homeagain

netdude wrote: Neither of you really read the sory..... her look was nothing but a moment in time... not her demeanor for most of the evening or even this sequence, and to expect someone during a 4 hour event have moments of not being perfect... is one of the silliest things I've heard of.

So, here from the story:

NetDude.....HERE'S my take on this....it is my understanding that Michelle is a VERY controlling
woman,as most ASSERTIVE woman are.....I'm a woman and I understand how that statement
appears when reflected back to me on the screen.

Jackie O was controlling,but in a very subtle way....HER demeanor was ALWAYS controlled
when in public because she understood the ramifications of her persona in public.

It is my belief that Michelle takes a lot of criticism that is Unwarranted (her "garden gambit")and
I am usually quite ticked about THAT.....however, in this instance,I believe her TRUE self came
thru.....

Pictures speak for themselves, no one has to "explain" them.....the camera catches a glimpse
of human nature and it reflects a TRUE image back.....O was celebrating and ENJOYING himself
and I believe M was NOT happy about the levity. JMO

I wanted to ADD......when I FIRST glimpsed the photo shot, the ONLY thing that reflected
back to me was Michelle.....(it was a palatable reflection, the SECONDARY impression was
that of O and the "selfie"......which I did NOT register as wrong/improper.)

13 Dec 2013 10:05 #18 by Rick
Well to be fair, a photo IS just a milisecond in time. She could have very well glanced at the three a second later with a big smile. Not saying she wasn't pissed, but a photo can't tell you for sure unless you see the whole time frame.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds