Forcing Doctors to Take Medicare Patients

12 Dec 2013 22:14 #1 by Rick
With 800,000 new Medicare patients (so far) and declining numbers of doctors currently accepting these patients, I see no other option for the king than to force doctors to work more for less money.

What do you think, is this really likely or is there another way? tick tock...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2013 01:08 #2 by Jekyll
As long as this thread doesn't get deleted you've called it ahead of time Rick. I've been thinking the same thing as this crap unfolds. There's really not a lot of options. I'm gonna say it'll be mandated. Again, you've called it and I'm with ya.

13 Dec 2013 07:19 #3 by FredHayek
Personally I think they will have to hike the fees.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Dec 2013 07:31 #4 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Personally I think they will have to hike the fees.

They being the doctors or the gov't?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Dec 2013 07:58 #5 by Pony Soldier
We don't allow slavery people. Nobody will be "forced" to work for anything they don't want to. I do see some loosening of rules as far as what's required to become a doc. Also payment rates will go up to attempt to keep docs working. Here, again, they need to address costs of tests, drugs, all of the things they consider fixed costs. They assume fixed costs are fixed and try to save money by shafting the docs fees.

13 Dec 2013 08:12 - 01 Oct 2014 22:30 #6 by The Boss

Rick wrote: With 800,000 new Medicare patients (so far) and declining numbers of doctors currently accepting these patients, I see no other option for the king than to force doctors to work more for less money.

I base this solely on what my mother and countless other mothers have told their children in recent times.

We don't need to resort to violence.

Which is what forcing is.

Are you suggesting that the govt will make it a condition of the a Doctor's right to practice medicine to sell medicare care to patients and let the govt pay whatever it wants.

Who do you think they are Raisin farmers?

Well I did notice the last time I went to start a medical practice that they put WAY MORE BARRIERS in front of me.

I personally don't care if doctors are forced to do something, they have been using the govt to force us to pay high wages and go to them for years and years. Doctors have had exclusive monopoly rights on medicine for a long time in this country. They don't actually have job rights, they stole those from everyone else with their licensing....the very thing that led to the ACA as a result of never ending prices as a result of reduced competition and then the awful insurance follow up in stead of addressing why pricing went out of control. We don't put band aids on this problem, we keep making new gashes so these f***s get more work. So I say if we can take these royal doctors down a notch, why not. I would prefer to do it morally and let anyone practice medicine or any other job, compete them out, it would not be easy, as doctors are not used to marketing, but if it takes forcing them to do something small to retain their exclusive rights to screw us out of our economy, then so be it, seems like a pretty small punishment.

Sorry just being vengeful. Get rid of licensing and don't force anyone to sell anything against their will...like get their medicine services and products from a govt approved monkey.

13 Dec 2013 08:20 #7 by LOL
This has been a problem for along time. The new policy "fix" is to make a know problem worse, bigger and expand it into a major disaster that gov't can later "Fix" SOS

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Dec 2013 08:27 #8 by FredHayek

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Personally I think they will have to hike the fees.

They being the doctors or the gov't?

The government. They always pledge to get tough on doctors to keep costs low, but when the panels meet with the doctors and see their costs, they cave.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Dec 2013 08:43 #9 by Rick

on that note wrote:

Rick wrote: With 800,000 new Medicare patients (so far) and declining numbers of doctors currently accepting these patients, I see no other option for the king than to force doctors to work more for less money.

I base this solely on what my mother and countless other mothers have told their children in recent times.

We don't need to resort to violence.

Which is what forcing is.

Are you suggesting that the govt will make it a condition of the a Doctor's right to practice medicine to sell medicare care to patients and let the govt pay whatever it wants.

Who do you think they are Raisin farmers?

Well I did notice the last time I went to start a medical practice that they put WAY MORE BARRIERS in front of me.

I personally don't care if doctors are forced to do something, they have been using the govt to force us to pay high wages and go to them for years and years. Doctors have had exclusive monopoly rights on medicine for a long time in this country. They don't actually have job rights, they stole those from everyone else with their licensing....the very thing that led to the ACA as a result of never ending prices as a result of reduced competition and then the awful insurance follow up in stead of addressing why pricing went out of control. We don't put band aids on this problem, we keep making new gashes so these f***s get more work. So I say if we can take these royal doctors down a notch, why not. I would prefer to do it morally and let anyone practice medicine or any other job, compete them out, it would not be easy, as doctors are not used to marketing, but if it takes forcing them to do something small to retain their exclusive rights to screw us out of our economy, then so be it, seems like a pretty small punishment.

Sorry just being vengeful. Get rid of licensing and don't force anyone to sell anything against their will...like get their medicine services and products from a govt approved monkey.

Once again I'm a little confused about your train of thought here and what, if anything, is sarcasm. If anyone should be entitled to the highest pay in our society, it's doctors. They go to school the longest, they incure the highest debt, and they have the stress of repairing broken people. Meanwhile people who play pretend on tv or hit a golf ball around a big park make millions without pressure to give a little more to society.

I know I'm biased because my life has litterally been saved three times in the last four years... I just don't think the incompitence of the ACA architects should be alleviated by the people who have worked the hardest to keep our nation healthy.

George Orwell

13 Dec 2013 08:47 #10 by Reverend Revelant
In the House committee meeting I'm watching right now a Democrat house member has suggested that Medicaid and Medicare payments must be adjusted upward.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds