ACA and Canceled Policies for New York Professionals

14 Dec 2013 18:04 - 16 Dec 2013 14:30 #21 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Yes, I have considered the idea that they passed a bill so onerous that single payer, medicare for all, would be the only fix. I don't condone the tactics, but I would welcome that result.

Says it all.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2013 18:26 #22 by archer

Walter L Newton wrote:
That's says it all. Reread my first post in this thread and replace "liberal" with "Archer."

I reread your first post, nice try Walter, but nowhere have I ever said i support this law, or condoned the way it was rolled out or the inability of the administration to fully understand what the law really does. What I do support is making changes to the status quo of healthcare in this country and forcing us all to tackle the problem..... I don't see all doom and gloom, I see opportunity. We need to replace complaints with suggestions. And I also approve of eliminating pre existing conditioners, covering more preventive medicine, and providing young people the opportunity to stay on their parents policies longer.

14 Dec 2013 18:48 #23 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:
That's says it all. Reread my first post in this thread and replace "liberal" with "Archer."

I reread your first post, nice try Walter, but nowhere have I ever said i support this law, or condoned the way it was rolled out or the inability of the administration to fully understand what the law really does. What I do support is making changes to the status quo of healthcare in this country and forcing us all to tackle the problem..... I don't see all doom and gloom, I see opportunity. We need to replace complaints with suggestions. And I also approve of eliminating pre existing conditioners, covering more preventive medicine, and providing young people the opportunity to stay on their parents policies longer.

And you probably don't condone these tactics but your really happy with the results.

he delays meant that rules were postponed or never issued. The stalled regulations included crucial elements of the Affordable Care Act, what bodies of water deserved federal protection, pollution controls for industrial boilers and limits on dangerous silica exposure in the workplace.

The Obama administration has repeatedly said that any delays until after the election were coincidental and that such decisions were made without regard to politics. But seven current and former administration officials told The Washington Post that the motives behind many of the delays were clearly political, as Obama’s top aides focused on avoiding controversy before his reelection.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

You have a liar of grand proportions in the White House and you are happy with the results. Says a lot.

14 Dec 2013 18:50 #24 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:

The ends justify the means.

14 Dec 2013 18:55 #25 by archer

Walter L Newton wrote:

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:

The ends justify the means.

Not always. But you can paint me with whatever brush you want, knock yourself out. So much for the unbiased correspondent, really, is that your title?

15 Dec 2013 06:40 #26 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Not always. But you can paint me with whatever brush you want, knock yourself out. So much for the unbiased correspondent, really, is that your title?

Sounds like you are having trouble understanding the difference between opinion and reportage.

And my unbiased reportage for The Flume has been praised even right here on My Mountain Town.

This is a forum, replete with opinions. Deal with it.

So the means does justify the ends in SOME cases, even when those means are dishonest. With statements like that you've done nothing to change my OPINION about you.

Dig deeper.

15 Dec 2013 08:38 #27 by archer

Walter L Newton wrote:

archer wrote: Not always. But you can paint me with whatever brush you want, knock yourself out. So much for the unbiased correspondent, really, is that your title?

Sounds like you are having trouble understanding the difference between opinion and reportage.

And my unbiased reportage for The Flume has been praised even right here on My Mountain Town.

So the means does justify the ends in SOME cases, even when those means are dishonest. With statements like that you've done nothing to change my OPINION about you.

Dig deeper.

The only thing getting dug deeper is the hole you are digging.

Sorry that I thought being a "correspondent" might indicate that you could use those skills to actually read posts and ask questions if you needed clarification about what someone believes, thinks, or has posted. But instead,you have used your bias regarding me to post YOUR opinion of what I think or believe, not the actuality.

I don't know where you decided I said the line above in bold, or implied this, or even hinted at it....it's not true, and I stated that I do not condone the means of this bill IF, and that's a big if, they prove to be true.....which they have not been proven yet. One would think a correspondent would know the difference between allegations and proven truth.

My opinion of you has definitely changed, and not for the better.....I was always rather impressed with most of your posts, and the differing positions you have taken on issues. But now I'm just seeing someone who is making personal petty posts for what reason I cannot fathom. They are not discussion. Has being a correspondent for the famous Flume gone to your head????

15 Dec 2013 08:47 #28 by archer
And with that post, Walter, I'm done with this particular discussion with you. I think we have bored everyone here enough with the back and forth spiteful posts, sheesh, I can't believe I got suckered in again. Sorry everyone, really, I am sorry.

15 Dec 2013 08:52 #29 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:

Dig deeper.

The only thing getting dug deeper is the hole you are digging.

Sorry that I thought being a "correspondent" might indicate that you could use those skills to actually read posts and ask questions if you needed clarification about what someone believes, thinks, or has posted. But instead,you have used your bias regarding me to post YOUR opinion of what I think or believe, not the actuality.

I don't know where you decided I said the line above in bold, or implied this, or even hinted at it....it's not true, and I stated that I do not condone the means of this bill IF, and that's a big if, they prove to be true.....which they have not been proven yet. One would think a correspondent would know the difference between allegations and proven truth.

My opinion of you has definitely changed, and not for the better.....I was always rather impressed with most of your posts, and the differing positions you have taken on issues. But now I'm just seeing someone who is making personal petty posts for what reason I cannot fathom. They are not discussion. Has being a correspondent for the famous Flume gone to your head????

Phony flattery will get you nowhere.

15 Dec 2013 09:56 #30 by The Boss
I am trying to be optimistic about freezing pay and holding back on investment to see how this will unfold. It is just hard to be optimistic about putting our economy in a holding pattern when we were already hanging out in the most miserable of valleys. I think they should have cleared our flights and allowed the pilots (the business owners) to fly our planes out of this mess. We are running out of fuel circling the runway to hell as if we are waiting to land when all we want to do is leave.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds