ACA and Canceled Policies for New York Professionals

15 Dec 2013 10:58 #31 by Rick

on that note wrote: I think they should have cleared our flights and allowed the pilots (the business owners) to fly our planes out of this mess. We are running out of fuel circling the runway to hell as if we are waiting to land when all we want to do is leave.

I agree, but leaving business alone and not piling on more new laws, regulations, and taxes (like the ACA) would leave the impression that gov't intrusion is not neccessary to bring back an economy. Nobody in this administration could claim that THEY "fixed" the economy, thus making the idea of bigger gov't even more ridiculous. And when the economy doesn't recover, they can blame it on not being able to intrude, manipulate, and regulate enough. Whatever it takes to avoid responsiblity for failure and claim credit for any successes... this has been the theme for just about everything.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2013 14:29 #32 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Yes, I have considered the idea that they passed a bill so onerous that single payer, medicare for all, would be the only fix. I don't condone the tactics, but I would welcome that result.

Here's a little article for Archer...

The Death of Obama's "Noble Lie" The disastrous ObamaCare rollout unmasks liberalism's paternalistic dishonesty.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/12/16/t ... -noble-lie

Right up her alley.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Dec 2013 14:37 #33 by archer

Walter L Newton wrote:

archer wrote: Yes, I have considered the idea that they passed a bill so onerous that single payer, medicare for all, would be the only fix. I don't condone the tactics, but I would welcome that result.

The Death of Obama's "Noble Lie" The disastrous ObamaCare rollout unmasks liberalism's paternalistic dishonesty.

Right up her alley.

About what I would expect from a libertarian site. Thanks, I understand some of your posts better knowing where you get your information

16 Dec 2013 15:53 #34 by Rick

By this time, even the president's defenders were categorizing Obama's falsehood as, at best, "a 'noble lie' in the Platonic sense of the term," as Salon's Brian Beutler put it on November 7.

I'll have to remember that term "nobel lie" :rofllol

Definition:

A regular lie told to hundreds of millions, by the few, for the greater good of the many.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Dec 2013 20:50 #35 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:

Right up her alley.

About what I would expect from a libertarian site. Thanks, I understand some of your posts better knowing where you get your information

Yea, who could believe anything from a site that would post this.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/12/17/cops- ... h-accident

"You know cops are trying to gloss over a bit of bad news when they write up an accidental fatal shooting by their own in a passive voice and bury it at the end of a press release. That's what the Ross County, Ohio, Sheriff's Office did last week, when announcing a drug raid gone really, really wrong. The press release talks up the discovery of "large amounts of what is presumed to be heroin," cash, and firearms. Oh. And did we mention a woman got shot in the head? And died?"...

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds