MoveOn.Org: Censor The Climate Change Deniers?

07 Jan 2014 13:03 #61 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: The simple answer is that I frequently express my dislike for posts that promote racism, bigotry, discrimination, factually inaccurate statements, and the like regardless of the political bias of the posters. My dislike is based upon evidentary facts, not on political biases. That this answer does not conform to the limitations that you attempt to impose reflects upon you, not me.

My statement in regard to haters is based upon my definition for them for purposes of this forum are those who post factually inaccurate statements, and/or opinions that are unsupported by the actual facts solely based upon the race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political biases, income, etc. of others. There are many conservatives that I admire and engage with often who do not fall within that definition just as there are others of political biases other than conservatives that I consider to be haters.

Based on LJ's history of posts, would you consider her to be a hater? Would you like some evidence? I bring her up because in the past, she is obviously the dominant liberal poster on this board who has never been admonished by anyone on the left for being a hater. We can debate some of her past statements if you'd like... there is plenty of good material.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2014 13:38 #62 by Blazer Bob
Actually the majority of my posts rail against an educational system that is not educating and intrusive out of control tyrannical government.
I have never said that failing schools and intrusive out of control government belongs only to progressives.

Projection is in the eye of the beholder.

07 Jan 2014 13:41 #63 by Something the Dog Said

Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: The simple answer is that I frequently express my dislike for posts that promote racism, bigotry, discrimination, factually inaccurate statements, and the like regardless of the political bias of the posters. My dislike is based upon evidentary facts, not on political biases. That this answer does not conform to the limitations that you attempt to impose reflects upon you, not me.

My statement in regard to haters is based upon my definition for them for purposes of this forum are those who post factually inaccurate statements, and/or opinions that are unsupported by the actual facts solely based upon the race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political biases, income, etc. of others. There are many conservatives that I admire and engage with often who do not fall within that definition just as there are others of political biases other than conservatives that I consider to be haters.

Based on LJ's history of posts, would you consider her to be a hater? Would you like some evidence? I bring her up because in the past, she is obviously the dominant liberal poster on this board who has never been admonished by anyone on the left for being a hater. We can debate some of her past statements if you'd like... there is plenty of good material.

I was expecting this diversion, since the conservatives have such an obsession with LJ. Since she has basically emasculated most conservatives here with her cutting obversations, I have noticed the daily almost nonstops ad hominen attacks on her without addressing the factual topics upon which she has posted. I believe she would be much more effective if she did not broad brush all conservatives with her cutting remarks, but that is her style. I have not noticed any factually inaccurate statements that she has made. The few that she has made were based on her interpretation of the facts as they had been reported. She has posted in good faith based on the facts as reports, unlike the haters that I have called out who make no pretense of using facts. Do I support her broad brush name calling on those who had previouslypersonally attacked her? No, but I understand it and have engaged it myself when I have been constantly personally attacked by others.
You can certainly present evidence of her attacks on others and I can rebut those by showing how those very same individuals had personally attacked her.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Jan 2014 13:53 #64 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: I was expecting this diversion, since the conservatives have such an obsession with LJ. Since she has basically emasculated most conservatives here with her cutting obversations, I have noticed the daily almost nonstops ad hominen attacks on her without addressing the factual topics upon which she has posted.

First of all, if she's "emasculated most conservatives here", why is it that we are all still here and she has most of us on ignore? Seems to me like she is great at dishing it out but not able to take it. And as for her "factual topics", I'd love to debate those "facts" with her but it's not possible when she only responds to Fred with the usual "fact-free echo chamber" rerun comments.

I would hope that at some point, more courageous liberals would join the discussion and bring their best logic and reason instead of their best insults and ignore buttons. I'm game if they are.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Jan 2014 13:55 #65 by Something the Dog Said

BlazerBob wrote: Actually the majority of my posts rail against an educational system that is not educating and intrusive out of control tyrannical government.
I have never said that failing schools and intrusive out of control government belongs only to progressives.

Indeed.

Let's test your self serving hypothesis. Here are the topics on which you posted cut and paste blurbs (note that only a few had more than 10 comments, less than that if omit the echos from Fred) in the past 7 days. Hmm, how many failing schools are the topic? (answer: 0) How many out of control tyrannical government? (maybe 1 (Washington power grab)).

Why do liberals hate horses?
Democrats Continue Class Warfare Rhetoric
8 Things Liberals Do to Avoid Having an Honest Debate
Paglia on Duck Dynasty
Arlo Guthrie vs President Obama
Arm more grandpas
Shower together and go to bed early
Now that's a prepper
Freedom for Low-Wage Workers
The Year of the Washington Power Grab
Dean’s Dilemma: Capitalism or Welfare for Senator Heller?
Comrade De Blasio Takes Over
Management experts knock Obama
Navy sailors have radiation sickness
who writes the news?
It's not your fathers face book it is your grand fathers
democrats really are crooks
Obama pollster: Reporters should stop covering polls in 2014

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Jan 2014 14:07 #66 by Something the Dog Said

Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: I was expecting this diversion, since the conservatives have such an obsession with LJ. Since she has basically emasculated most conservatives here with her cutting obversations, I have noticed the daily almost nonstops ad hominen attacks on her without addressing the factual topics upon which she has posted.

First of all, if she's "emasculated most conservatives here", why is it that we are all still here and she has most of us on ignore? Seems to me like she is great at dishing it out but not able to take it. And as for her "factual topics", I'd love to debate those "facts" with her but it's not possible when she only responds to Fred with the usual "fact-free echo chamber" rerun comments.

I would hope that at some point, more courageous liberals would join the discussion and bring their best logic and reason instead of their best insults and ignore buttons. I'm game if they are.

LJ presents links to where she draws her facts, something done by few conservatives, she responds similarly when attacked, so I do not fault her. If you want polite dialogue with her, then you should respond in such a manner rather than prefacing dialogue with personal attacks on her. I can certainly pull some of the recent personal comments that you have in regard to her. If you want polite dialogue then begin polite dialogue. If you choose to engage in personal ad hominen attacks, then don't complain about responses in kind.

If you present me with something worthy, rather than attacking another poster, I am willing to engage. If you use ad hominen attacks, diversionary tactics, failure to present credible factual evidence that supports your arguments, then you are no better than the rest. My time is better spent elsewhere in that regard.

07 Jan 2014 14:26 #67 by Blazer Bob
Sorry Dog, that is a specious argument. 19 posts out of over seven thousand. You do the math.

Something the Dog Said wrote:

BlazerBob wrote: Actually the majority of my posts rail against an educational system that is not educating and intrusive out of control tyrannical government.

Indeed.

Let's test your self serving hypothesis. Here are the topics on which you posted cut and paste blurbs (note that only a few had more than 10 comments, less than that if omit the echos from Fred) in the past 7 days. Hmm, how many failing schools are the topic? (answer: 0) How many out of control tyrannical government? (maybe 1 (Washington power grab)).

Paglia on Duck Dynasty
Arm more grandpas
Now that's a prepper
who writes the news?

07 Jan 2014 15:02 #68 by Rick
Well it's a new year Dog, maybe you could lead the way in bringing us relevant topics in an adult and civil way. I promise I won't attempt to derail them VL style or call you or your party names... I'm sure most others would be delighted to make a fresh start as well.

George Orwell

07 Jan 2014 15:28 #69 by Something the Dog Said

BlazerBob wrote: Sorry Dog, that is a specious argument. 19 posts out of over seven thousand. You do the math.

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Indeed.

Paglia on Duck Dynasty
Arm more grandpas
Now that's a prepper
who writes the news?

So now your are attempting diviersion. We were not discussing posts, we were discussing your guise as a troll in creating threads based on cut and paste blurbs from right wing blogs. I posted the most recent posts in the new year. Why is that specious? What would be specious is your diversion from threads created to the number of posts in total.

07 Jan 2014 15:31 #70 by Something the Dog Said

Rick wrote: Well it's a new year Dog, maybe you could lead the way in bringing us relevant topics in an adult and civil way. I promise I won't attempt to derail them VL style or call you or your party names... I'm sure most others would be delighted to make a fresh start as well.

Why do you impose that burden on to me rather than take the lead yourself? Why don't you suggest that to your brethren here rather than unilaterally imposing upon myself or LJ? Why should I be the only adult in the room?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds