MoveOn.Org: Censor The Climate Change Deniers?

07 Jan 2014 15:35 #71 by Rick
Fair enough, I'll be happy to start some topics that I think are worthwhile, or maybe I'll post some silly stuff just for the fun of it. But I assure you, it won't be me starting the 2014 hate fest. Lets see who starts that up first.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2014 16:44 #72 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic MoveOn.Org: Censor The Climate Change Deniers?
Ok Rick, so youre ready to start acting like a normal human being then?

07 Jan 2014 17:57 #73 by Rick

Super Malta wrote: Ok Rick, so youre ready to start acting like a normal human being then?

Would you consider yourself to be normal? I already know I'm not and I'm just fine with that.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Jan 2014 19:15 #74 by Reverend Revelant
Here's another clip and paste job...

Another Ice Age?
Monday, June 24, 1974

In Africa, drought continues for the sixth consecutive year, adding terribly to the toll of famine victims. During 1972 record rains in parts of the U.S., Pakistan and Japan caused some of the worst flooding in centuries. In Canada's wheat belt, a particularly chilly and rainy spring has delayed planting and may well bring a disappointingly small harvest. Rainy Britain, on the other hand, has suffered from uncharacteristic dry spells the past few springs. A series of unusually cold winters has gripped the American Far West, while New England and northern Europe have...

Scientists have found other indications of global cooling. For one thing there has been a noticeable expansion of the great belt of dry, high-altitude polar winds —the so-called circumpolar vortex—that sweep from west to east around the top and bottom of the world.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/a ... 14,00.html

I'm so confused.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

21 Jan 2014 06:22 #75 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Per 710 KNUS, MoveOn.org wants the Denver Post to stop printing letters that deny the "Science" of global warming. Think the local paper should refuse to print letters from people who refuse to buy into Al Gore's vision?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... e-care.php

"FILM FESTIVAL CENSORS SCIENCE: SHOULD WE CARE?
The Frozen River Film Fest in Winona, Minnesota, has canceled a scheduled showing of FrackNation, a pro-fracking documentary. The cancellation, which the festival organizers concede is an instance of viewpoint-based censorship, has gotten some publicity:

The documentary, FrackNation, was scheduled to be shown alongside Gasland Part 2, a factually suspect film attacking hydraulic fracturing as environmentally destructive.

The showing of the anti-fracking film is, of course, going forward.

“We definitely had a lot of discussions about it with our board, with some people in our community wanting to see FrackNation, other people wanting to see Gasland Part II,” said Kathy Florin, assistant director of the Frozen River Film Festival.

However, festival organizers announced on Friday that its FrackNation screening had been cancelled.

They cited allegations that FrackNation’s creators have ties to the oil and gas industry [Ed.: Untrue] and said they had reneged on an agreement to speak at the screening, which the filmmakers say is also untrue.

It was with regret that the festival’s organizers censored a point of view they didn’t agree with:"...

21 Jan 2014 07:11 #76 by FredHayek
And who are financing the anti-fracking movies? OPEC members.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds