PCSO cars/policy

15 Aug 2010 15:15 - 15 Aug 2010 15:59 #1 by shilohloki
PCSO cars/policy was created by shilohloki
http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... M=46774.11

Let's address the issue of S.O. cars. Some prices are in there at least, and also a rather lengthy explanation of why they have take-home cars for anyone who's interested, since that was an issue during the election.
My question is this: What do you guys think is a better way to deal with S.O. cars? I know a lot of us disagree with how they procure and use vehicles, so let's hear some ideas for policy changes, and how YOU think it should be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2010 15:25 #2 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic PCSO cars/policy
With what I just read, they purchased used cars, for a good price, verus what a new one would cost, versus what some folks thought were new cars. Where the money came from to pay for them seems ok from what I understand of these different items. Not sure if there is a better way, high mileage cars become more costly in repairs and maintenance, so not sure where you are heading on this.

15 Aug 2010 15:27 #3 by shilohloki
Replied by shilohloki on topic PCSO cars/policy
I'm addressing an issue some of us have discussed before that we weren't happy about.
And on another note - those Dodge motors can go a LONG time, so at least they're buying quality cars.

15 Aug 2010 15:56 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic PCSO cars/policy
Please see date of article.

7/18/2008 11:56:00 AM Email this article • Print this article
Patrol cars purchased for Sheriff's Office

15 Aug 2010 15:59 #5 by shilohloki
Replied by shilohloki on topic PCSO cars/policy

Becky wrote: Please see date of article.

7/18/2008 11:56:00 AM Email this article • Print this article
Patrol cars purchased for Sheriff's Office

You're right, Becky thanks! I was looking at the date on the right side, I edited accordingly. Thanks for noticing that!!

15 Aug 2010 20:25 #6 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic PCSO cars/policy
Why should deputies be supplied with government vehicles to drive to their homes in the Denver metro area? This is a very substantial bonus. I commute with my own personal vehicle and pay my gas, insurance, and upkeep.
Answer: let them supply their own vehicle and pay for their own gas, insurance, and upkeep. Simple as that!

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Aug 2010 09:07 #7 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic PCSO cars/policy
Could it be that they can't find "qualified" deputies who live in or are willing to move to PC? maybe they have to give them that perk to hire anyone.

16 Aug 2010 09:11 #8 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic PCSO cars/policy
I now see a NEW BLACK chevy with darken windows commuting to town. Don't they have to show this as income on tax reports?????? Can't reall see a swat member who lives 45 minutes as a good reason for driving to and fro.

16 Aug 2010 09:46 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic PCSO cars/policy
I don't think we should require deputies to live in the county, but we also shouldn't pay for their commute. My husband lives in ParkCo, commutes into JeffCo in his own car -- his company doesn't pay for that. Why should I pay for a deputy to commute, whether in Park or JeffCo?

16 Aug 2010 10:22 #10 by mugwump
Replied by mugwump on topic PCSO cars/policy
Assuming that these new vehicles are blessed and kosher we only have a few easy to solve problems.

Do we have a publicly available vehicle purchase and use policy? Put it out there along with the a break down of estimated mileage for official and personal use!

In the publicly available PCSO budget is there a line item for these purchases, along with another for gasoline use?

Are the usage records for vehicles publicly available?

TRANSPARENCY TRANSPARENCY TRANSPARENCY TRANSPARENCY TRANSPARENCY TRANSPARENCY

TRANSPARENCY of acceptable behavior prevents insinuation and rumor!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds