Vote Centers

16 Aug 2010 12:51 #1 by CC
Vote Centers was created by CC
Just a quick question.
I spoke to the County Clerks office this morning. I had a question about how the voting centers worked and what kept people from voting in multiple locations.
Vote Centers allowed all of us to vote wherever we chose rather than voting strictly at our precinct locations.
This was the first year I remember being able to do this.
Does anyone else remember or know of a time when they were permitted to vote anywhere they chose.
No more precincts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2010 12:57 #2 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Vote Centers
Hmmm! What was that old slogan? Vote early, vote often?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

16 Aug 2010 13:43 #3 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Vote Centers
Well heartless...that is what I am wondering. Isn't this the first year for Bailey or Park County?
The Clerks office claimed they had been using vote centers for some time now.

16 Aug 2010 13:58 #4 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Vote Centers
Sorry, I don't know the answer. I've been mail-in ballots for a while now.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

16 Aug 2010 14:35 #5 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Vote Centers
Does anybody know if the "DEAD" in Park County got to vote??

16 Aug 2010 16:24 - 16 Aug 2010 16:56 #6 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Vote Centers
To those of you who went to one of the vote centers to surrender your "mail-in" ballot to vote electronically, and were told you couldn't and had to vote provisional, call Judd Choate at the SOS. His number is (303) 894-2200 x6301. He wants to talk to all of you!

Supposedly 6000 ballots were mailed to Park County residents. For those who mailed (dropped off) their ballots, I was informed there is a 15 day period before and up to election day where "batching" takes place. All the ballots are taken out of the sealed tubs and processed...verification you exist/signatures match. The seal is broken, the tub is opened and your ballot is OPENED by an Election Judge or a COUNTY OFFICIAL. The ballots were unfolded and put into bundles of 25. Then put back into tubs which are re-sealed. (I have no idea where the envelopes with the date stamp on each ended up!) The tubs then go to a secure place...maybe a vault. I was told this was all done in secure areas (polling stations, etc!). Not sure if there are cameras where these were being processed. Good question with no definite answer. I was under the impression ALL the ballots would be processed and counted in Fairplay at the Clerks office in the count room. That's why we have Election Judges. So...now we have no idea who opened the first 1775 ballots. I KNOW who opened the other 644. Together that total is 2419 which was the count from the ballots entered into the machine Tuesday. So...to those of you with questions and concerns please call Judd Choate.

16 Aug 2010 16:42 #7 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic Vote Centers
when i went into take my ballot into the county office i noticed that instead of the plastic and metal seal there was a everyday padlock that opens with a key. when in the heck did this change!!!!!!!!!!! this is abbsolutely not right and does away with the idea of the secret ballot......

16 Aug 2010 16:51 #8 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic Vote Centers
this is not carolyn writing this just so everyone knows. she is a good friend of mine. I just want everyone to know bad things are in this county and how unlawful things are in this election. It is a total mess.!!!!!!!!!!the post above it also mine.

16 Aug 2010 19:08 #9 by ColoradoXprss
Replied by ColoradoXprss on topic Vote Centers
ty RidinHy...just saw your comment, appreciate the info. I have been out all day so I will be phoning Mr Choate tomorrow morning. I too was told I could not cast an electronic ballot vote after surrendering my mail in ballot. Was given a provisional write-in ballot, which totally defeated what my intention was to begin with. I puposely didn't want to mail it in because I DO NOT TRUST our Park County Government period.

16 Aug 2010 19:45 #10 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Vote Centers
I know there are several who were told the same as you. A lot of people don't go on 285bound and are not aware of this info so PLEASE spread the word! Let us know what Mr. Judd Choate tells you. I will say, he doesn't think election fraud goes on up here. Those who can confirm that it really does, also need to call him. And soon!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds