Did Obama Take a Pay Cut as He Promised to do?

23 May 2014 14:32 - 25 May 2014 09:08 #21 by FredHayek
Breaking: It was revealed today that the White House has sets of books, one where they fired Shinseki, and one where they didn't.

But on a more serious note, the House today voted to give the head of the VA power to fire and discipline the bosses that were falsifying records. Think Harry Reid will let the Senate vote on it?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2014 15:41 #22 by Something the Dog Said
Do you think John Boehner will allow the House to vote to increase funding for medical care for military veterans?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 May 2014 14:14 #23 by FredHayek
Did the vote happen but it went down in flames?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2014 08:54 #24 by Nobody that matters

Something the Dog Said wrote: Do you think John Boehner will allow the House to vote to increase funding for medical care for military veterans?

Do you think whoever writes the bill funding the medical care for veterans will be smart enough to include a source of that funding, or just pass it off to the future debt like they do with everything else?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

25 May 2014 19:52 - 24 Nov 2014 11:25 #25 by ScienceChic
As usual, blunt and to the point with good insightful comments. Like 'em or not.

The VA Scandal, More Of The Same
by Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station
Friday, May 23, 2014

This is nothing new.

This kind of bureaucratic flimflam when it comes to taking care of veterans? It’s been going on for years, for decades, from one war to the next and all the timeless space in between. And it’s not confined to the Veterans Administration.

Yeah. That’s not outrage you see on our faces, and it sure isn’t surprise, it’s amused resignation. We’re used to it. We’re used to being left to die by bureaucrats and politicians and the American public.

After five years of an intransigent, deadlocked, do-nothing Congress who’d rather chase hysterical manufactured conspiracies and beat their fleshy chests in faux-patriotic fever, who’ll enthusiastically fork over hundreds of billions for fancy new jets and ships and tanks so long as that hardware is manufactured in their own districts, who drive past homeless needy vets every single day, and gleefully refuse to pass a veterans jobs bill or to fully fund veterans services in their own districts or any other, after five years of this capering self-serving congressional bullsh**, now you’re pissed off?

By all means, go ahead, America, knock yourself out. That’s great, it really is.

Ask yourself something, if Congress really cared about veterans, I mean if they were really as concerned as they purport to be, then why was this brought to the public’s attention via a half-assed tabloid news outfit like CNN instead of the House Armed Services Committee? How come they didn’t know?

There's lots more to read (I'm afraid if I post more, I'll have the bastard cat :wink: and/or zombie hordes unleashed upon me), click the link!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 May 2014 20:50 - 25 May 2014 21:49 #26 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: As usual, blunt and to the point with good insightful comments. Like 'em or not.

The VA Scandal, More Of The Same
by Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station
Friday, May 23, 2014

This is nothing new.

This kind of bureaucratic flimflam when it comes to taking care of veterans? It’s been going on for years, for decades, from one war to the next and all the timeless space in between. And it’s not confined to the Veterans Administration.

Yeah. That’s not outrage you see on our faces, and it sure isn’t surprise, it’s amused resignation. We’re used to it. We’re used to being left to die by bureaucrats and politicians and the American public.

After five years of an intransigent, deadlocked, do-nothing Congress who’d rather chase hysterical manufactured conspiracies and beat their fleshy chests in faux-patriotic fever, who’ll enthusiastically fork over hundreds of billions for fancy new jets and ships and tanks so long as that hardware is manufactured in their own districts, who drive past homeless needy vets every single day, and gleefully refuse to pass a veterans jobs bill or to fully fund veterans services in their own districts or any other, after five years of this capering self-serving congressional bullsh**, now you’re pissed off?

By all means, go ahead, America, knock yourself out. That’s great, it really is.

Ask yourself something, if Congress really cared about veterans, I mean if they were really as concerned as they purport to be, then why was this brought to the public’s attention via a half-assed tabloid news outfit like CNN instead of the House Armed Services Committee? How come they didn’t know?

There's lots more to read (I'm afraid if I post more, I'll have the bastard cat :wink: and/or zombie hordes unleashed upon me), click the link!

None of that is insightful. It is well known. The current issue is Obama knew, said a lot of pretty words and accomplished Jac.

25 May 2014 21:16 #27 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:blmkzv84]
[/youtube:blmkzv84]

I suspect this thread is suffering from just a wee tad of topic drift; the OP had to do with Barry doing what he said he would do and it turns out he didn't do what he said he would do ( :sarcasm: imagine my surprise!). That being said and observing the current state of the thread, Barry has a whole mouth full of words but it seems to me he isn't honest on any topic most of the time, he just says what will help his popularity and then doesn't do anything else while feigning anger and disgust at situations that he knew all about months in advance.

[youtube:blmkzv84]
[/youtube:blmkzv84]

Thinking back to 2008, it boggles my mind that a man who had the management skills to pinpoint people who weren't able to get out to vote down to the street address is now reduced to stating that he learns about issues going on in his own administration through the press just like you and me. Sorry, I have to call bovine excrement on that one! The POTUS gets briefed several times a day by his staff and they concentrate on issues that have to do with national security AND issues that effect the President's public image. Barry is talking and the lies are piling up but the sheep are pacified by the bread and circuses that the Gubment hands out, while it lasts...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 May 2014 21:37 #28 by LadyJazzer
Says it all, don't it?

Very thing I've been saying... Glad to know someone else has the same opinion...

26 May 2014 09:38 #29 by MountainRoadCrew

01 Oct 2014 09:09 #30 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Breaking: It was revealed today that the White House has sets of books, one where they fired Shinseki, and one where they didn't.

But on a more serious note, the House today voted to give the head of the VA power to fire and discipline the bosses that were falsifying records. Think Harry Reid will let the Senate vote on it?

Reid is too busy taking care of more important things. WAIT, is this harry or some other Reid?

"Events include 'How to be a Gentleman AND Get Laid' and 'Reid’s Negotiating Successful Threesomes."

www.campusreform.org/?ID=5944&app=cro

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds