Did Obama Take a Pay Cut as He Promised to do?

20 May 2014 20:42 #1 by otisptoadwater

Obama promised last April to take a 5 percent pay cut in “solidarity” with federal employees who were furloughed as a result of the automatic budget cuts, known as the sequester. The cut was meant to equate to the level of spending cuts imposed on nondefense federal agencies.

Read more: http://freebeacon.com/politics/did-the-president-take-a-pay-cut-like-he-promised-white-house-wont-say/

Giving back $20K out of $400K a year when you can afford to donate more than $100K to charity? Obviously nothing more than a symbolic gesture... But wait, did he actually follow through on his promise? No?! The American public gets punked yet again and apparently they're not particularly perturbed about their President deceiving them one way or the other...

:smackshead:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2014 20:49 #2 by FredHayek
Promises are what matters not results. Like closing Gitmo.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2014 20:59 #3 by Norm
:like: on both accounts. Can anyone spell INTEGRITY?

21 May 2014 13:49 #4 by FredHayek
#ObamaVAexcuses
I thought the VA was a state.
I was just trying th get America used to Obamacare.
I hired incompetents to the VA and didn't manage them.
I am touring golf courses around the country trying to learn about the VA mess.

21 May 2014 17:59 #5 by LOL
I know nothinnnnngggg........

I just heard about it on the evening news. But nobody is madder about it than me, and heads are gonna roll! Make no mistake about it. I'm drawing a RED line here. So there!

And if you still like your President, you can keep him! Period!

-Loyal Subject Forrest Gump

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 May 2014 12:26 #6 by Something the Dog Said
Would not your "outrage" be better placed at the refusal of the House GOP to properly fund the VA so that appropriate medical care would be readily available to our injured and damaged military veterans? Now that is a true outrage, not some made up lie.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

22 May 2014 12:39 #7 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Would not your "outrage" be better placed at the refusal of the House GOP to properly fund the VA so that appropriate medical care would be readily available to our injured and damaged military veterans? Now that is a true outrage, not some made up lie.

:HighFive: Should have known Dog would be along soon with the Daily Democrat Talking Point. Instead of accepting responsibility for the billions spent on new facilities that aren't being built because Obama doesn't know how to hire/fire the right people, she is going to blame the budget, because with liberals everything can be solved by spending more money we don't have. Not exactly, money has been going down ratholes in the VA. How about the $8500 bonus given to the administrator who was falsifying records?
Nope, Dog thinks we need to give $24,000 for falsifying waiting lists!

Should we also give bonuses for increasing the number of veterans who die since they make the waiting list look shorter?

There is incredible rot in the VA, and writing bigger checks isn't going to help.

22 May 2014 12:45 #8 by MountainRoadCrew

22 May 2014 12:45 #9 by Something the Dog Said
So Fred, you agree with the Republicans not properly funding the VA medical care for our injured military veterans?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

22 May 2014 12:51 #10 by FredHayek
This isn't only a Republican problem. But I think the money is being wasted more than the VA doesn't have enough money. Have you seen the cost overruns on these new VA facilities?

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds