Per Gallup: 70% Of Americans Support Euthanasia

19 Jun 2014 17:24 #1 by FredHayek
Wow. Anyone else surprised by these numbers? I support it but always figured I was in the minority. Think many States will legalize it?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2014 18:00 #2 by LOL
Is EuthanAsia near Western Asia somewhere or China? I dunno

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jun 2014 06:42 #3 by HEARTLESS
I can think of dozens of politicians that need it. When can we get started? :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Jun 2014 07:41 #4 by Mtn Gramma

21 Jun 2014 16:06 #5 by Arlen
70% support their limited idea or fantasy of mercy killing (euthanasia). The practical amplified application of it would not meet their approval. Then, the logical progression will be obligatory suicide.

21 Jun 2014 16:24 #6 by Arlen
The Terri Schiavo case dominated the national news media a few years ago because 70% of the population supported putting her to death? If that were the case, it would have been a non-story.

21 Jun 2014 17:13 #7 by LadyJazzer
She was, for all intents and purposes, already dead. What made it a news story was the right-to-life political morons inserting themselves into the middle of a situation that was between the husband and the doctor.

My personal "Last Will & Testament" contains the following language:

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if THEIR lives depended on it. If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for: a margarita, a Capt-Morgan-&-Coke, a steak/lobster/crab legs, chocolate, or ice-cream, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct XXXXXX X. XXXXX and the attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a day. Under no circumstances shall the members of any Legislature or political body enact ANY laws to keep me on life-support equipment. It is my wish that these boneheads mind their own business and instead, pay attention to the healthcare, well-being and future of the millions of Americans who aren't in a permanent coma.

It would be interesting to see what the right-to-life morons would do in the face of SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS from the person in question that prevent them from sticking their noses into something that is none of their d*mned business.

21 Jun 2014 19:46 #8 by Arlen
Her husband may have wanted to remarry. He may have not wanted to divorce Terri Schiavo because of insurance money. So he may have had her put to death for that reason. Who knows?

The right-to-life political morons you refer to were her Mother and Father.
(Tell us, what do you L J, think of your mother and father?)

If we had found Terri Schiavo on Mars in the same condition in which she was in the hospital, every newspaper and television in the world would have headlined "LIFE FOUND ON MARS!".

So you, snark, decide that another person's life is not worth living if she cannot rise out of bed and run the 100 yard dash. Who says that you do not believe in religion? You think that you are GOD.

21 Jun 2014 20:35 #9 by LadyJazzer
She was brain-dead. That is not "life." That is cell-division... And that's a fact, Jack. Yes, the right-to-life political morons inserted themselves into something that was none of their business...

22 Jun 2014 07:07 #10 by LOL

Under no circumstances should the detailed design and benefits of my individually purchased with my own freaking money health "insurance" plan be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who couldn't pass 4th-grade Math if THEIR lives depended on it.

Under no circumstances shall the members of any Legislature or political body enact ANY laws to mandate that I purchase an inefficient, pre-paid, ill-defined administratively wasteful, taxed non-insurance product that I don't want or need. It is my wish that these boneheads mind their own business and instead, pay attention to the healthcare, well-being of the Fiscal budget they are supposed to be managing, instead of micro managing the lives of formerly free Forrest Gump citizens.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds