Global Cooling is Imminent

27 Jun 2014 18:21 #1 by Blazer Bob
Time to burn the rain forests.

joannenova.com.au/2014/06/big-news-viii-...nent-global-cooling/

"Global Cooling is Imminent
Dr David Evans, 27 June 2014

If the Sun mainly controls the temperature on Earth, a turning point is almost upon us. (In the second part of this series of blog posts we will demonstrate that carbon dioxide is responsible for less than 25% of the global warming of the last six decades, so presumably the Sun is mainly responsible.)

1 Why It’s Going to Cool
The reason for the cooling is the dramatic fall in solar radiation that started around 2004. Here is a graph of solar radiation since 1610, when sunspots were first recorded. The brown line is the solar radiation, and it peaks every 11 years or so because of the sunspot cycle. We put an 11-year smoother through it to gave us the red line, which shows the trends in solar radiation."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2014 18:35 #2 by HEARTLESS
It seems much of North America is heading for one of the coolest Junes on record. Last winter was also very cold. Obama must feel a need for speed pushing all the new requirements in before the truth comes out.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

27 Jul 2014 07:07 #3 by HEARTLESS
Just read that 2014 is the coolest year since 1993, and yet the Sierra (must have been hit repeatedly by a)Club commercial on power plant emissions is telling us the best snow years are gone. And this is after a year of record snowfall in many parts of the state. Is part of the liberal mentality a requirement to ignore facts that contradict their agenda?

27 Jul 2014 07:15 #4 by HEARTLESS
Hey! At least we may be in the Sixth Mass Extinction, probably all the previous five were caused by fracking and man caused global warming. :whistle:

27 Jul 2014 07:32 #5 by FredHayek
Don't know who to trust anymore! I saw May and June were the hottest on record but the mini polar vortex last month had record cold days in Omaha and KC in June.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jul 2014 07:47 #6 by HEARTLESS
One certainty throughout time is if it is hot somewhere, its cold somewhere else.

27 Jul 2014 07:58 #7 by homeagain
Gaia is just making adjustments because of all the EXTERNAL factors she is encountering.....liken it to
menopause for the masses....(of course, a metaphysical POV)

27 Jul 2014 09:23 #8 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Global Cooling is Imminent
Good point FH. More than likely depends on where you live. I for one would welcome cooler weather for this area if it would in fact lessen the wildfire danger.

FredHayek wrote: Don't know who to trust anymore! I saw May and June were the hottest on record but the mini polar vortex last month had record cold days in Omaha and KC in June.

04 Aug 2014 06:49 #9 by HEARTLESS
I've lived up here for 30 years now and don't remember an August this green and lush. We had big rain and flooding early in the 1980's, but don't recall an August this green.

04 Aug 2014 09:49 #10 by ScienceChic
It is beautiful and I'm enjoying how it reminds me of where I grew up in the midwest (can't wait to see the fall colors). But, don't let this local one year occurrence mean more than it is - global warming is just that - global. And it's not a short-term phenomenon, it's a decades long climate trend that is seen in more than just temperatures.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds