A PICTURE TO PONDER

01 Dec 2014 07:29 #1 by homeagain
www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/30/young-...viral_n_6244604.html

IF you read FULL CONTEXT of the article, you will NOTE the boy is struggling with
FEAR of violence (when he matures)....his mother says he struggles with the KNOWING he will
be endanger as he grows into a man....."WE ARE HERE TO OVERCOME THE ILLUSION OF OUR SEPARATENESS."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2014 15:10 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER

homeagain wrote: www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/30/young-...viral_n_6244604.html

IF you read FULL CONTEXT of the article, you will NOTE the boy is struggling with
FEAR of violence (when he matures)....his mother says he struggles with the KNOWING he will
be endanger as he grows into a man....."WE ARE HERE TO OVERCOME THE ILLUSION OF OUR SEPARATENESS."

In case you missed this poignant picture....all I am asking is to do some REAL reflection...

01 Dec 2014 17:42 #3 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/30/young-...viral_n_6244604.html

In case you missed this poignant picture....all I am asking is to do some REAL reflection...

I don't know, it looks like another "egregious" "breach of space error" by a cop to me... ;)

01 Dec 2014 17:55 #4 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER

pineinthegrass wrote:

homeagain wrote:

I don't know, it looks like another "egregious" "breach of space error" by a cop to me... ;)

LOL :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Dec 2014 18:18 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER

In this picture I see real emotion in the faces of both, especially the young man. This kid obviously has good parents or has been raised by someone who hasn't corrupted his mind with racism. I see the makings of a real leader one day, he obviously cares more about bringing us all together than he does throwing fuel in the fire of division and hate.

The cop is also showing a great example to other cops of every race. You have to get to these kids early before they become indoctrinated by racist peers, parents, teachers, etc..

This kid was obviously raised right and has the ability to judge an individual by that individual's actions instead of the fear and distrust that has been pumped into his brain. I wouldn't be surprised if this young man became a real leader for the black community... even at this young age he's a better leader than most grown men and women who insert themselves into these conflicts with the intention to foment anger and division.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: jf1acai, HEARTLESS

01 Dec 2014 19:17 #6 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER
Very well said Rick.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Dec 2014 20:12 #7 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER
A video to watch:

01 Dec 2014 20:29 #8 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER
And this story (Rick shared one of the photos contained in this article previously):

firebrandprogressives.org/4-ferguson-pro...art-healing-process/

02 Dec 2014 12:25 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER
A deeper background on the boy in the Hug Heard Around the World photo, it's truly amazing. Shared via FrankSomerville KTVU

"But as touching as this picture is, the story behind Devonte is just as touching.
That second picture is Devonte with his mother.
I read a story about him on a website called PaperTrail.
It was written by Chloe Johnson.

Lets just say it's amazing that Devonte is even alive."

Meet Devonte, the little boy with a big heart
This young boy will not only capture your heart, he will make you think.
Posted on November 10, 2014 by Chloe Johnson

Devonte Hart entered the world 12 years ago with drugs pumping through his tiny newborn body.

By the time he was 4 years old he had smoked, consumed alcohol, handled guns, been shot at, and suffered severe abuse and neglect. It was a life with little hope and a future that seemed over before it began.

That is until Jen Hart and her wife Sarah entered Devonte’s life and adopted him and his two siblings seven years ago.

<snip>
Jen has shared what played out on her Facebook page and with Paper Trail. She writes:
***My face was as red as my hair at this point. It was so obviously clear what was happening. While I wanted so badly to step in and protect my son from the ongoing racial stereotyping, I didn’t. I let him step into his own power and he handled it brilliantly***

Son: Well, of course you’ve never met a kid like me. I’m one of a kind. There’s not another person like me.

Man: Well, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Son: I’m here to help people. I’m here to inspire. Now.

Man: Oh, so you’re going to be a doctor? (as he laughed while he said it – not kidding)

Son: No, I’m not.

Man: Well, being a doctor is the best way to help people. What are you going to do to help and inspire people?

Son: (putting the last of the bags in the cart) I’m going to be myself. No matter how much people try to make me something I am not. Have a great night! *flashes ginormous smile*

This. This is what we need more of, not just talked about in the media, but in the world.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Dec 2014 12:25 #10 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic A PICTURE TO PONDER

Rick wrote:

In this picture I see real emotion in the faces of both, especially the young man. This kid obviously has good parents or has been raised by someone who hasn't corrupted his mind with racism. I see the makings of a real leader one day, he obviously cares more about bringing us all together than he does throwing fuel in the fire of division and hate.

The cop is also showing a great example to other cops of every race.
You have to get to these kids early before they become indoctrinated by racist peers, parents, teachers, etc..

This kid was obviously raised right and has the ability to judge an individual by that individual's actions instead of the fear and distrust that has been pumped into his brain. I wouldn't be surprised if this young man became a real leader for the black community... even at this young age he's a better leader than most grown men and women who insert themselves into these conflicts with the intention to foment anger and division.

www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/ferguson-e...f-michael-brown.html

THE BOLDED....my last post on this topic, now resigned cop ELECTED to escalate the encounter. OTHER CHOICES could have been made. NOT JMO

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds