SHEPARD OF THE ROCKIES CHURCH SHUTTING DOWN FOOD BANK

18 Aug 2010 09:31 #11 by rlcarolyn
Judy and Farland have enough going on they have limited space and also they have their methods of getting the food. We have worked together and we have church coalition meeting and help each other. I am sorry for my rage but I know more and feel what a waste for a church that doesn't care about the community. This has been a fight with them for a year and From what I understand a church is to be there for the community and all the people.

You are right let's get going on where to put it. We don't need negative we need positive response. It's a shame we have to go through this but it will be better for our community. I have started looking and have a good lead on a building near by. Pray God touches his heart and allows us to be there till we find the right building.

You see when the food is brought up on Mondays we would have to have a lot of people. So let's think about ideas please let me know if you have any more Ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 09:58 #12 by rlcarolyn
Now everyone right now they will be open on Thursday. I have been talking with Jackie all morning and we have made a pack and so have all the volunteers that this food bank will not be shut down. It might close for a few days but we will try to work around it and get the food to our community.

They are going to have a staff and board meeting about this situation. There are a few problems that need to be addressed at that church. We did find out that the breaker box is too small for the church and the 2 kitchens so that will need to be fixed. If we have any electricians out there please step forward.

The food Bank has not been closed yet. So let's all be proactive and see about what we can do to help keep this open. By all standards, the food bank has grown bigger than the church and yes there has been some negative groups in the church but they all are bumps in the road.

So feel secure this food bank is going to be here for everyone. We just need to give it a hand right now, just they give us a hand up.

18 Aug 2010 10:18 #13 by rlcarolyn
I also wanted to explain myself with the first post I posted.

This food bank is very close to my husband and my heart and also Jackie's. We prayed and asked God to Bless this food bank and he really has. Now this is like a child that we brought into the world and we are very proud it is helping people and giving people an opportunity to eat and keep a roof over their heads. I don't want to see this go away and when someone tells me that this is going to be shut down.....Well... Then I get mad, especially after the election, and all the crap in Park county. I thought we were making changes before the election. People were really coming together and helping each other. Then I start seeing all the stuff that has been pulled over our eyes and yes I am mad and yes things need to change. So now that I am calmed down and thank you for that, Becky. I don't want any more of our community hurting from lack of caring and not having what we need up here.

God Bless.

18 Aug 2010 10:57 #14 by The Viking

Local_Historian wrote: I can help a couple of mornings a week if a new site can be found. However, I do have to work afternoons and evenings.

Have you spoken to a couple of the other churches who do food banks in the area? They might be willing to let people use the space if they didn't have to man it. Call Friendship Baptist. Call Mountain Peace Shelter and see if they know of an alternative site. Is there a community center in Bailey that might be used? I know it's a bit far down, but what about the Aspen Park community center?

As for Sheperd, well, heaven forbid that poor people are in their church, we surely wouldn't want that. And yes, that is very heavy sarcasm.

I sent them a PM a while ago stating that I might know of a couple chuches who would love to help including one who already does it on a smaller scale.

18 Aug 2010 11:26 #15 by Nmysys
Carolyn:

If it will be of help, I can again use my horse trailer to bring up the food bins from the Church in Littleton.

Ron

18 Aug 2010 12:43 #16 by MamaRama
Have you considered the food bank that is in harris Park??

18 Aug 2010 12:54 #17 by rlcarolyn
Thank you Ron! and let me tell you thank you all even you Viking! Now this is community!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Jackie and she told me that everything is going to be fine. The church and the food bank have come to agreement on the code enforcements. They have someone going over to get things going and fix the problem. The food bank will be open on Thursday and hopefully thing will be back to normal on Tuesday next week. I will keep you informed and let you all know what is the next move. There are some VERY Exciting things coming soon!
Thank you for your patients and also putting pulling me back in and making me think about the situation.

18 Aug 2010 14:06 #18 by CC
Great news Carolyn! I would still like to find a way to help out. Do you have some room for another volunteer?

18 Aug 2010 14:49 #19 by LopingAlong

18 Aug 2010 15:33 #20 by navycpo7
There is always room for more volunteers. The code enforcement folks said that we have to do some electrical work to meet code. That is what I was told earlier. So hopefully all will be ok. Right now there is an individual that brings up the food with his horse trailer already but thanks. So hopefully things will now stay on track. If you want to volunteer, just show up on one of the days it is open and talk with Jackie. Thanks for all your support on this folks.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds