State Of The Union Tonight

20 Jan 2015 13:03 #11 by Nobody that matters

netdude wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Besides, if he was honest, he'd stand up and say "Republican congress doesn't like me, I don't like them, that means you all are f$%^ed"

Thats funny! It's just about exactly what Mitch Mcconnell said 6 years ago! You know, we are going to do everything we can (including f'ck the country) to limit him to one term.. And the R's sure tried to fark the country to do it!

Great, here we go...

"But but but, they did it first!!!!!" Does that make you feel better about the complete lack of compromise in DC? Does that make you get all giddy about your chosen party? The one that's just as rotten to the core and power hungry as the other one?

And we're still f#$%ed.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2015 13:33 #12 by PrintSmith
Some things should never be compromised on NTM, that they were is how we find ourselves twice as deep in debt now as we were 6 short years ago and, really, how we ended up billions and then trillions in debt to fund individual welfare programs.

20 Jan 2015 13:40 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic State Of The Union Tonight

netdude wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Besides, if he was honest, he'd stand up and say "Republican congress doesn't like me, I don't like them, that means you all are f$%^ed"

Thats funny! It's just about exactly what Mitch Mcconnell said 6 years ago! You know, we are going to do everything we can (including f'ck the country) to limit him to one term.. And the R's sure tried to fark the country to do it!

Do you believe that if a Republican gets elected in 2016, the Democrats won't do everything in their power to make him/her a one term president? Has that EVER not been the case?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Jan 2015 14:41 - 20 Jan 2015 14:43 #14 by FredHayek
Great point. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are willing to take an election off. And the partisans voters who elected them don't want to see compromise.

I see Republicans claiming that Boehner caved into Obama on the Cromibus, but actually both sides got some of what they wanted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jan 2015 14:45 #15 by Mary Scott

netdude wrote: But it will show what classless folk the republicans are. They deserve NO respect at all.

With a statement like that I'd bet that netdude would never support a Republican president serving a second term. So therefore I bet s/he would "do everything [s/he] can to limit him to one term".

20 Jan 2015 14:52 #16 by PrintSmith
And this, then, is what tonight's campaign speech is all about. Obama wanting to define the issues surrounding the next presidential election 2 short years from now. Nothing more, nothing less.

20 Jan 2015 15:31 #17 by FredHayek
Should be less applause than normal, after six years of Obama, there are now less Democrats in Congress than since the 1930's.
:snowman:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jan 2015 17:29 #18 by HEARTLESS
How does he do it? Finding the time to lie to the American people while taking time away from his busy golf schedule. Simply amazing.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

20 Jan 2015 17:44 - 20 Jan 2015 18:19 #19 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic State Of The Union Tonight
Oh goodie! The annual state of the dumbed down, bankrupt union, WTF show, starring ...... President Santa Claus and the audience of suited career politician beltway bandits. Add in a handful of "sorry looking" middle class props for photo op purposes.

I'll bet the words $18T debt, future interest, deficits, spending cuts, trust funds, or fiscal responsibility are not going to be found in the polished teleprompted speech.

WhoHooooooooooo! I'd rather watch Beavis and Butthead do America, at least it's mildly funny w/beer.

I think I'll just wait for the official Onion "America's finest news" re-cap. www.theonion.com

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz SOS

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jan 2015 17:53 #20 by HEARTLESS
Turn off the BS being broadcast on the tv and listen to this instead.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds