State Of The Union Tonight

20 Jan 2015 07:19 #1 by FredHayek
Going to watch? Anything you want to see? I don't plan to watch, it is not the State of the Union anymore, just a wish list and partisan applause.
I might tune into the response to see who this Senator Joni Ernst is.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2015 08:55 #2 by Nobody that matters
Not going to watch - I'll be at my kid's Basketball practice.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

20 Jan 2015 08:57 #3 by Nobody that matters
Besides, if he was honest, he'd stand up and say "Republican congress doesn't like me, I don't like them, that means you all are f$%^ed"

20 Jan 2015 09:12 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic State Of The Union Tonight
If I thought it would be anything more than a just another campaign style speech to bolster the Democrat party, I would watch. But we've seen this all many times before... fair share, I I I, my my my, me me me, etc.. He will take credit for anything good and he will either blame Republicans for any failures or he will omit discussing the failures. He'll talk about the energy boom and low gas prices, but won't give credit where it is due (private investment). He'll talk about a lower unemployment rate, but will not mention the job participation rate or the stagnant middle class wages. He'll replay the wealth redistribution and the "we'll give you this and that if you vote for us" soundtrack... so basically nothing new to see. And he definitely won't mention the rise in global terrorism and the spread of ISIS on his watch, or the failed Russian reset, or our diminished influence in global matters... but I'm sure he'll find some way to pat himself on the back. No thanks.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Jan 2015 09:13 #5 by FredHayek
There is a conservative campaign to "turn our backs to Obama" and refuse to watch the SOTU. Others want to add to it and encourage people to see "American Sniper" instead tonight.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jan 2015 09:19 #6 by Nobody that matters
In my case, failing to watch the address is not a protest, it's pure apathy. I just don't give a rat's heiney what he has to say anymore.

20 Jan 2015 09:20 #7 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic State Of The Union Tonight
Not gonna waste my time. "blah, blah, blah..." SOS. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow to pay for all their entitlement programs I'd do this:

20 Jan 2015 11:20 #8 by Wicked
Replied by Wicked on topic State Of The Union Tonight
:drunkensere :cheersbeer: :skullbones: :sick: ROFLMAO, that's awesome cydl! I hope the local emergency rooms are prepared for the influx of stomach pump procedures tonight.

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

20 Jan 2015 12:51 #9 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic State Of The Union Tonight

Nobody that matters wrote: Besides, if he was honest, he'd stand up and say "Republican congress doesn't like me, I don't like them, that means you all are f$%^ed"

Thats funny! It's just about exactly what Mitch Mcconnell said 6 years ago! You know, we are going to do everything we can (including f'ck the country) to limit him to one term.. And the R's sure tried to fark the country to do it!

20 Jan 2015 12:54 - 20 Jan 2015 12:55 #10 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic State Of The Union Tonight

FredHayek wrote: There is a conservative campaign to "turn our backs to Obama" and refuse to watch the SOTU. Others want to add to it and encourage people to see "American Sniper" instead tonight.

I hope they do turn their backs! And pick another time to see American Sniper, it is a great movie about a person who helped save hundreds of American troops lives... I read the book, the man was a hero.

But it will show what classless folk the republicans are. They deserve NO respect at all.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds