50% Of Singles Haven't Had A Date In Over Two Years.

10 Jun 2015 13:01 #1 by FredHayek
Among the people you know, does that sound accurate? Among the older (30-50) people I know it does. Some still make the effort to find the right person, but others seem to accept their singleton status. :rose:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2015 16:10 #2 by Rick
I don't get it, if I was single and looking, I would have so many more ways to find a date now than I did 30 years ago. Between social media and dating sites, if you don't have a date, you must not be trying very hard. :boatfishing

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2015 15:59 #3 by Wicked
Being single is awesome, no responsibilities to others, no having to deal with your mate's annoying habits, having to cook extra food or do extra laundry, yada yada yada. Why force it if you're happy?

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

16 Jun 2015 12:49 #4 by Rick

Wicked wrote: Being single is awesome, no responsibilities to others, no having to deal with your mate's annoying habits, having to cook extra food or do extra laundry, yada yada yada. Why force it if you're happy?

Good point... I was very happy when I was single until I was married on my 30th birthday. When I got married, I found a higher level of happiness, especially after my first child was born.

I do think single people can be just as fulfilled if they are not alone... whether it be having a significant other or good friends... I just don't think a person can find true happiness by being alone... not even a dog can replace human contact imo. There will always be exceptions I'm sure, but I think most people want someone to love and to be loved by, married or not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jun 2015 15:12 #5 by FredHayek
Grass is always greener? I have been married for decades so sometimes being single does appeal to me. I have a couple of good friends who are both singletons, and they both would like to be married but they have pretty much given up on finding someone at their age yet are also very picky on who they date.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2015 08:41 #6 by OmniScience

Wicked wrote: Being single is awesome, no responsibilities to others, no having to deal with your mate's annoying habits, having to cook extra food or do extra laundry, yada yada yada. Why force it if you're happy?

I have several friends and coworkers who are married and most of the men are miserable. One told me, "the only reason I'm still married is because of my kids". Another told me last summer, "you just hope the good outweighs the bad".

I love the freedom and independence of being single. If I were married I most likely would not be riding a high performance motorcycle, or going on scuba diving vacations, or be debt-free other than my mortgage. I think by being single I have avoided an immense amount of drama, stress, and financial problems. My brother had a terrible marriage to a psycho woman. I don't know if he will live long enough to recover from that disaster.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds