What is That Old Saw About Pictures and Words?

17 Jun 2015 20:28 #1 by otisptoadwater
Must have been Opposite Day...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2015 07:37 - 18 Jun 2015 21:45 #2 by OmniScience
Yep. That pretty much sums up what a fu**ed up country we've become.

18 Jun 2015 11:05 - 18 Jun 2015 21:46 #3 by cydl

OmniScience wrote: Yep. That pretty much sums up what a fu**ed up country we've become.

:like:

18 Jun 2015 11:59 - 18 Jun 2015 21:46 #4 by Rick

OmniScience wrote: Yep. That pretty much sums up what a fu**ed up country we've become.

I agreed with you at first glance but I don't think the average American fits into this category of being willing and able to morph into whatever or whoever they want. This seems to be more about people in some sort of spotlight and the insatiable need to get more attention, regardless of the deception required to get it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Jun 2015 13:32 #5 by OmniScience

Rick wrote:

OmniScience wrote: Yep. That pretty much sums up what a fucked up country we've become.

I agreed with you at first glance but I don't think the average American fits into this category of being willing and able to morph into whatever or whoever they want. This seems to be more about people in some sort of spotlight and the insatiable need to get more attention, regardless of the deception required to get it.

Obviously, we've become a much more narcissistic society overall (social media, look at me, I’m a victim, etc etc) and every person in that graphic is an accurate reflection of that. Recently, we seem to be going down the path of “Self-Identity” where anything goes. My neighbor in Bailey used to say to me, “it’s just getting crazy, everything is upside-down and backwards”. Well, now white is black, man is woman, right is wrong, criminals are treated like victims, lying and dishonesty is the norm, and the media can’t stop promoting any of this crap….Like I said, we are becoming a REALLY F@#$*D up society.

18 Jun 2015 21:42 - 18 Jun 2015 21:43 #6 by Blazer Bob
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10447112_909558865750225_3889275572686557531_n.jpg?oh=f74bd410c623aff050d176db8ffa6461&oe=55ECB095

And if neither of those work: scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa...8ffa6461&oe=55ECB095

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds