The science is settled

08 Jul 2015 13:46 #11 by Something the Dog Said

intheaspens wrote: Just go with the flow folks, or you might get busted:

Use RICO to prosecute global warming skeptics

Totalitarians everywhere are smiling...

Yet another misinformation campaign. Don't you guys get tired of being tools?

No one advocated using RICO to prosecute global warming skeptics. Just another lie. What Senator Whitehouse said in an op ed piece, was that the Justice department used civil RICO actions against the tobacco industry for their concerted campaign of lies, deceit, false information to deceive the public to maximize their profits. He then compared the current actions of the fossil fuel industry to those of the tobacco industry and remarked on their similarity. He did not advocate applying RICO actions against skeptics, but implied that if the fossil fuel industry used similar tactics as the tobacco industry did in order to deceive the public in order to maximize their profits, then perhaps similar legal actions could be applied.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2015 14:07 #12 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic The science is settled

Something the Dog Said wrote:

intheaspens wrote: Just go with the flow folks, or you might get busted:

Use RICO to prosecute global warming skeptics

Totalitarians everywhere are smiling...

Yet another misinformation campaign. Don't you guys get tired of being tools?

No one advocated using RICO to prosecute global warming skeptics. Just another lie. What Senator Whitehouse said in an op ed piece, was that the Justice department used civil RICO actions against the tobacco industry for their concerted campaign of lies, deceit, false information to deceive the public to maximize their profits. He then compared the current actions of the fossil fuel industry to those of the tobacco industry and remarked on their similarity. He did not advocate applying RICO actions against skeptics, but implied that if the fossil fuel industry used similar tactics as the tobacco industry did in order to deceive the public in order to maximize their profits, then perhaps similar legal actions could be applied.

Being a tool, isn't that Liberating or maybe its Liberal, I just can't recall. :???

The silent majority will be silent no more.

09 Jul 2015 00:02 - 09 Jul 2015 00:06 #13 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic The science is settled
When I can watch time lapse video of glaciers flat out disappearing in a matter of several years it occurs to me that shyte is probably changing. To deny it makes the person denying it look like a complete flippin' retard. NOW, the difference is what is the percentage of natural change and what is caused by man?

EDIT: And I really shouldn't have to mention the fact that our oceans have risen in temperature by a couple degrees over the last fifty years and we got farmer Joe thinking in human terms while sea creatures of all kinds feel the rise like we would a hundred degrees. People truly are getting dumber. This will probably be my only post, the usual jack wagons should flush me out.

09 Jul 2015 07:31 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The science is settled
Global warming will benefit some regions and hurt other regions. It is just silly to think that Earth was at a perfect temperature before the Industrialized Revolution. And that mankind wasn't able to adapt to changing temperatures through history. Humans live in the South Pole, Sahara, the Amazon, and the Himalayas.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jul 2015 11:12 #15 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The science is settled
So some Nobel Laureates signed a statement and some didn't. Whatever. Still doesn't change the science and the overwhelming evidence that supports human-influenced climate change that we can and should do something about so the worst effects are not realized.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jekyll

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds