The science is settled

07 Jul 2015 18:23 - 07 Jul 2015 18:29 #1 by Blazer Bob
"A couple of days ago we reported on the Mainau Nobel Conference, on Friday, 3 July, over 30 Nobel laureates assembled on Mainau Island on Lake Constance signed a declaration on climate change. Problem was, there were 65 attendees, and only 30 signed the declaration. As is typical of the supression of the alternate views on climate, we never heard the opinion of the 35 who were in the majority. Today, one of the nobel laureates who was an attendee has spoken out."

wattsupwiththat.com/2015/07/07/deniers-i...in-nobel-prize-land/

"Nobel Prize-Winning Scientist Who Endorsed Obama Now Says Prez. is ‘Ridiculous’ & ‘Dead Wrong’ on ‘Global Warming’
Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever: 'Global warming is a non-problem'
'I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong.'
'Global warming really has become a new religion.'
"I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November...I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.'
'We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming.'"...

Read more: www.climatedepot.com/2015/07/06/nobel-pr...rming/#ixzz3fFrd5PBZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2015 18:56 #2 by otisptoadwater
[sarcasm]But Bob, this guy is just one guy and he probably didn't watch the same TV news shows as Obama so there's no way he can be right... Are you insinuating that Barry has some sort of political agenda to promote even if the experts and the science point in the other direction?![/sarcasm]

"Let me be clear on this, the facts don't matter. Just shut up and do as you're told."

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Jul 2015 11:30 #3 by Something the Dog Said
Let's see, 36 noble prize winners signed the declaration, only one opposed it, and yet it is the single individual who won a noble prize 43 years ago in physics, who has never published a single paper on climate science, who has never had a peer reviewed article relating to the climate published, who has apparently never conducted any research related to climate science, is the one cited by Bob and Toad as having credibility on the subject of global climate change. Typical.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

08 Jul 2015 11:35 #4 by Nobody that matters

Something the Dog Said wrote: Let's see, 36 noble prize winners signed the declaration, only one opposed it, and yet it is the single individual who won a noble prize 43 years ago in physics, who has never published a single paper on climate science, who has never had a peer reviewed article relating to the climate published, who has apparently never conducted any research related to climate science, is the one cited by Bob and Toad as having credibility on the subject of global climate change. Typical.

Reading comprehension fails you. 30 signed, 35 that were in attendance did not sign, and only one of those 35 was quoted in the article.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Jul 2015 11:54 - 08 Jul 2015 12:17 #5 by Something the Dog Said

Nobody that matters wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Let's see, 36 noble prize winners signed the declaration, only one opposed it, and yet it is the single individual who won a noble prize 43 years ago in physics, who has never published a single paper on climate science, who has never had a peer reviewed article relating to the climate published, who has apparently never conducted any research related to climate science, is the one cited by Bob and Toad as having credibility on the subject of global climate change. Typical.

Reading comprehension fails you. 30 signed, 35 that were in attendance did not sign, and only one of those 35 was quoted in the article.

My reading comprehension is quite excellent. My critical thinking skills are even better. Rather than relying upon an opinion piece published by an anti-environment right wing blog, I went directly to the source of the declaration.
www.lindau-nobel.org/

Dropping down to the list of signatories, I counted 36. You, on the other hand, was simply played as a tool, regurgitating false information.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

08 Jul 2015 12:26 #6 by OmniScience
Replied by OmniScience on topic The science is settled

I was just going to post the question, "how long will it take before Dr. Giaever is attacked by the climate change zealots?" Dr. Giaever is definitely right about climate science becoming a religion. A friend of mine who works in the aerospace industry said the same thing to me less than 2 weeks ago. Anyone who even questions climate science is attacked as a "denier" and "flat-earther" with all of the fervor of the Spanish Inquisition, even though all of the catastrophic climate predictions from the IPCC and UNEP have been dismal failures.

When our society gets to the point where we cannot question scientists or science, especially flawed science which is continually proven to be wrong, we should all be concerned. When scientists are perceived as being beyond reproach, they are no longer scientists, but little more than leaders of a blind faith.

08 Jul 2015 12:29 #7 by Nobody that matters
Still, with 29 not signing, could that possibly indicate that there is some disagreement in scientific circles about the call for action?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Jul 2015 12:35 #8 by Something the Dog Said

OmniScience wrote:

I was just going to post the question, "how long will it take before Dr. Giaever is attacked by the climate change zealots?" Dr. Giaever is definitely right about climate science becoming a religion. A friend of mine who works in the aerospace industry said the same thing to me less than 2 weeks ago. Anyone who even questions climate science is attacked as a "denier" and "flat-earther" with all of the fervor of the Spanish Inquisition, even though all of the catastrophic climate predictions from the IPCC and UNEP have been dismal failures.

When our society gets to the point where we cannot question scientists or science, especially flawed science which is continually proven to be wrong, we should all be concerned. When scientists are perceived as being beyond reproach, they are no longer scientists, but little more than leaders of a blind faith.

When a vast majority (97%) of the scientists arrive at a consensus on an issue within their field of expertise, it is quite fair to criticize the opinion of a single individual who has no background in that subject, has never conducted research in that subject, has never published an article, let alone a peer reviewed article on that subject who rejects their combined opinion. Since neither you nor Dr. Giaver are able to provide any credible research that rebuts the vast amount of research that supports the consensus opinion, you fall to claiming that "it is a religion", rather than providing any credible response. Yet Bob, Toad and now you would rather cling to the opinion of Giaver rather than the stated opinion of the 36 Noble Prize winners. Hmm, on one hand we have a consensus opinion based on vast amount of credible research, on the other hand is a singular opinion based on no credible research, but on their "faith" that the others are wrong.

08 Jul 2015 12:44 #9 by Something the Dog Said

Nobody that matters wrote: Still, with 29 not signing, could that possibly indicate that there is some disagreement in scientific circles about the call for action?

Most likely not. If you did bother to actually research the issue you would find out that the Mainu declaration was not part of the agenda of the conference, but was informally circulated over 24 hours after Dr. Giavers presented his views on global warming. The only attendee who opposed the declaration was Giavers. The others either did not receive the declaration in time, or apparently did not want to be bothered with it. None of the attendees except Giavers is on record denying that climate change is occurring.

08 Jul 2015 12:54 #10 by intheaspens
Replied by intheaspens on topic The science is settled
Just go with the flow folks, or you might get busted:

Use RICO to prosecute global warming skeptics

Totalitarians everywhere are smiling...

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds