James Holmes Verdict to be announced at 4:15

16 Jul 2015 14:19 #1 by BaconLover
What do you think Guilty Guilty or Insane? My money is on Guilty Guilty.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2015 16:35 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
James Holmes guilty of murder in Aurora theater shooting
Jurors will now decide whether the Aurora movie theater gunman should be given the death penalty
By John Ingold and Jordan Steffen, The Denver Post
Posted: 07/16/2015

The jury of nine women and three men delivered the verdict at 4:15 p.m., after deliberating for about 12 hours over two days. In doing so, they rejected Holmes' plea of insanity. The jury began deliberating on Wednesday morning.

With the defendant, victims and victims' families gathered in courtroom 201, the judge began reading "guilty" verdicts on the first of the 165 counts. The counts were first-degree murder after deliberation and first-degree murder, extreme indifference.

The trial now moves to a second phase, where prosecutors will argue that Holmes, 27, should receive the death penalty and defense attorneys will ask jurors to spare Holmes' life.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

16 Jul 2015 18:03 #3 by Rick
Was there ever even a question? Too bad the cops didn't blow his head off his shoulders, would have saved a lot of money and wasted time.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jul 2015 20:36 #4 by HappyCamper
I just want it to be over.

Anyone that kills that many people is not right in the head but he knew what he was doing.

I hope that some day the victims find peace.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds