To solve a problem, address the cause not the symptom

19 Jul 2015 16:15 #11 by HEARTLESS

Something the Dog Said wrote: In fact, according to reports by the DOJ, homicides in schools has dropped from 29 per year to 20 per year on average and the total number has dropped in half since the Gun Free School Zones Act went into effect.

bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

Well that is it then, a resounding success. Please forward you posts to the families that have lost loved ones as it will surely provide comfort.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2015 16:17 #12 by Something the Dog Said

HEARTLESS wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Why resort to innuendo and hidden agendas? Much better to actually state the facts than resort to the use of half truths and misleading statements.

I assume that the "gun free" zones that you claim were "sourced" by Joseph Biden is actually the Gun Free SCHOOL Zone Act that was sponsored by Sen. Joseph Biden in 1990 and passed by a majority in the Senate and House. That law is actually no longer in effect as it was struck down in 1995 and was stayed beginning in 1992. Congress then passed another Gun Free School Zone act in 1996 that has been upheld as to this date. Please note that 104th US Congress (1996) had republican majorities in both the House and Senate. So this "gun free zones" legislation is the product of the Republican party.

The actual Gun Free School Zones Act made it a federal crime to carry or use a firearm that has traveled through interstate commerce in a school zone UNLESS the individual is LEO or is licensed by the state to carry or use firearms in school zones or is an employee or contractor authorized by the school to carry and use a firearm at that school. Students may have possession of a firearm under strict conditions (part of a school sponsored activity).

You can now actually debate or emphasize the merits or lack thereof any part of this legislation without resorting to innuendo or implications. Is that not much more informative?

So how is variant one, two or ? working out for us? Once someone decides to commit mass murder, how much does another felony dissuade them?

And how does the Gun Free School Zone Act cause such an individual to commit the mass murder in a school? As you stated, an individual dedicated to committing mass murder would go forward regardless of the consequences. It does enable your individual to be arrested and prosecuted if they are caught before or during the process of the crime, which has occurred on a number of occasions. Local schools are allowed to hire armed security guards and even authorize teachers and other employees to carry firearms. Parents if they are licensed may even carry firearms under the Act, unless the local school or state prohibits them.

What would be different if the republican passed Gun Free School Zones Act was not in effect? The only individuals actually prohibited by the Act are those who do not possess a state license for their firearm. Any other prohibitions are those imposed by the state and/or local school boards.

There is no difference between Republican or Democrat on a failed law. This law provides a relatively safe shooting gallery environment for the criminal while denying the citizen from defending themselves and their children.

Of course it does not. Citizens, if they have a license, may carry a firearm unless the state or local school board prohibits them. The local school board can authorize their employees or contractors to carry firearms if they choose. I get that you are desperate to somehow link Joe Biden to mass murders in schools, but you have yet to provide a single fact to back up your assertion. Homicides in schools have dropped significantly since the Gun Free Schools Act has gone into effect. Criminals have been prosecuted for violating this law before they could murder school kids and teachers, saving even more lives. Not a single mass murder has claimed that they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act. Just your baseless rant.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Jul 2015 16:20 #13 by Something the Dog Said

HEARTLESS wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: In fact, according to reports by the DOJ, homicides in schools has dropped from 29 per year to 20 per year on average and the total number has dropped in half since the Gun Free School Zones Act went into effect.

Well that is it then, a resounding success. Please forward you posts to the families that have lost loved ones as it will surely provide comfort.

Perhaps you could forward your posts on how Joe Biden killed their kids to those families, as I am sure they would appreciate it. You have not provided a single fact that supports your assertion that the Gun Free School Zones Act is the cause of mass murders in schools. Even the NRA disagrees with you.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

19 Jul 2015 16:29 #14 by otisptoadwater

Something the Dog Said wrote: Not a single mass murder has claimed that they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act. Just your baseless rant.

Ok, let's play this silly pointless game. STDS, do you have any irrefutable proof that no single mass murderer has ever claimed they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act? I'd like to see the links and other evidence you must have tucked away for such an instance as this. Otherwise I'm going to call BULLSHIT on your argument.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Jul 2015 19:27 #15 by Something the Dog Said

otisptoadwater wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Not a single mass murder has claimed that they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act. Just your baseless rant.

Ok, let's play this silly pointless game. STDS, do you have any irrefutable proof that no single mass murderer has ever claimed they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act? I'd like to see the links and other evidence you must have tucked away for such an instance as this. Otherwise I'm going to call BULLSHIT on your argument.

My extensive research failed to find a single instance where a school maa murder claimed that he chose his Target based on the gun free school act. Unless you can find a case where the school mass murder affirmatively claimed that the school was chosen based on the gun free school zone act, then your claim that mass murders choose schools due to the gun free school act is BULLSHIT!

19 Jul 2015 19:54 #16 by otisptoadwater
So lets see if you have a leg to stand on. Your statement indicates that there is irrefutable evidence that no criminal ever said "Not a single mass murder has claimed that they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act." An assertion is hardly evidence. If you're going to go around calling people liars, and saying they are making misleading statements then lead by example.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Jul 2015 20:08 #17 by Something the Dog Said

otisptoadwater wrote: So lets see if you have a leg to stand on. Your statement indicates that there is irrefutable evidence that no criminal ever said "Not a single mass murder has claimed that they selected their target based on the Gun Free School Zones Act." An assertion is hardly evidence. If you're going to go around calling people liars, and saying they are making misleading statements then lead by example.

Really, you are claiming that since no school mass murderer has ever stated that they chose a school based on on the Gun Free School Act then they really chose the school based on the Act. No school mass murderer has ever stated that they chose based on the Act. If you refute that fact, please provide your facts. Otherwise, BULLSHIT!

19 Jul 2015 20:13 #18 by otisptoadwater
Answering a question with a question? That's not how we play the game STDS, questions are asked and answers are provided otherwise concede that you don't have any evidence and at best you are merely making an assertion.

:)

20 Jul 2015 08:35 #19 by HEARTLESS

HEARTLESS wrote:

Perhaps you could forward your posts on how Joe Biden killed their kids to those families, as I am sure they would appreciate it. You have not provided a single fact that supports your assertion that the Gun Free School Zones Act is the cause of mass murders in schools. Even the NRA disagrees with you.

Dog try posting something from the NRA this century, not 16 years old. All current searches show one thing, they are against gun free zones.
Where did I state Joe Biden killed their kids. Your lies never end.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

20 Jul 2015 18:29 #20 by Something the Dog Said

HEARTLESS wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote:

Dog try posting something from the NRA this century, not 16 years old. All current searches show one thing, they are against gun free zones.
Where did I state Joe Biden killed their kids. Your lies never end.

Running away from your own smears are you?

Heartless wrote: Do a couple web searches on "Gun Free Zones" and then find the White House gun expert Joe "buy a shotgun" Biden was the primary source of gun free zones in schools, etc. Now do a search of gun free zone killings since 1990 when it came about. The numbers are staggering.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds