Worst State For Traffic Tickets Per Bold Ride

22 Jul 2015 15:27 #1 by FredHayek
Colorado is #1!!!!
:camper: I wonder if the Morrison Police department skews the results. :P

Personally I don't get too many speeding tickets, maybe my black pickup doesn't look fast. And last time I was pulled over the Park County deputy gave me a warning and told me to slow down for the next mile of his jurisdiction. He didn't care how fast I was going in JeffCo.
Think Colorado is tough on drivers?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2015 12:44 - 24 Jul 2015 12:46 #2 by Jekyll
Hey Fred, back for my rare visit. I think it depends on where you are in Colorado to see certain severity on speeding enforcement, although the numbers don't lie right? As a personal example, about a month ago I moved to Lakewood (uuugh, the bloody HEAT man!) and I've sped around down there like crazy without a single stop, even blew past a couple LEO's that I didn't see in time and they didn't bat an eye. I was doing twenty over once and fifteen over the second one. Weird. Also a factor I believe in; LEO's in the city are worried about a lot more pressing matters versus the ones up here, such as assault, armed robbery, severe domestic violence, homicide and grande theft auto to name a few. Up here? Yea, they're catching speeders and DUI's. Either that or they're sitting in a parking lot window ta window bs-ing. Anyway, all conjecture unless you were to inquire to a substantial number of LEO's and make a study but most of that work has been done in the first place, so we're at opinion. Have a good day brotha.

EDIT: My point on the LEO's up here is basically they're bored as hell half the time and have nothing better to do than pull you over for doing a little over the crappy speed limit. Ours and Morrison's that is, HA!

26 Jul 2015 19:35 #3 by FredHayek
Personally I would love for the police to go after distracted drivers instead, especially those that go ten miles under the speed limit. Seems to be more and more common.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jul 2015 20:24 #4 by otisptoadwater

FredHayek wrote: Personally I would love for the police to go after distracted drivers instead, especially those that go ten miles under the speed limit. Seems to be more and more common.

:like:

DRIVE NOW, TALK/E-MAIL/IM LATER!!!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Jul 2015 13:05 #5 by Jekyll
I agree. To add to that, I'm always laughing when I'm trying to be patient following one of those idgets and then when I go to pass them suddenly we're doing thirty over like passing was somehow an invitation to race. I really need front and rear dashcams.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds