James Holmes verdict - life without parole

07 Aug 2015 18:26 #1 by Something the Dog Said
The jury failed to reach unanimous verdict on death penalty, so after over $5 million in taxpayer funds, weeks of traumatic trial testimony, same result as offered by Holmes in plea bargain, except now there will still be more taxpayer expense fighting his appeals. I wonder how this will affect Brauchlers political ambitions.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2015 22:07 #2 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic James Holmes verdict - life without parole
Not sure why there would be additional appeals in this case. If the death penalty had been the verdict, that would have been a no-brainer. But the life without parole is, as you stated, something offered up right from the get go by the perp and his legal defense team.

When that offer was rejected by Brauchler, it opened the door for speculation on his political ambitions. I believe your wondering on this issue has merit.

08 Aug 2015 20:41 - 08 Aug 2015 20:44 #3 by otisptoadwater
My apologies in advance to the OP for highjacking the thread, if the OP or the Road Crew chooses to separate my post I understand.

Has society lost it's "balls"?! Is there any moral reason to allow James Holmes to continue to walk this earth?! That much aside, how many of you are comfortable with the verdict?

How many of us are ok with the infanticide committed daily by Planned Parenthood but have no problem with an admitted murderer who out rightly killed too many and injured countless others physically and mentally getting a life sentence?

I'm at an impasse, I want justice and for me James Holmes deserves to die a slow painful death. Perhaps that is what life in prison without parole will bring but I'd rather see him hang, shot by a firing squad, then hanged again (just to be sure).

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Aug 2015 22:55 #4 by Mary Scott
In the manner of William Wallace?

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds