Who is Ed Mezvinsky? Guess who!!

18 Aug 2010 21:55 #1 by Nmysys
Guess Who?

Edward "Ed" Mezvinsky, born January 17, 1937, is a former congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives for two terms, from 1973 to 1977.

In March 2001, Mezvinsky was indicted and later pleaded guilty to 31 of 69 charges of bank fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. Nearly $10 million was involved in the crimes. Shortly after his indictment, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the judge at his trial disallowed a mental illness defense. After serving five years in federal prison, he was released in April 2008. He is expected to remain on federal probation until 2011, and owes substantial restitution to his victims.

Who, exactly is "Ed" Mezvinsky? He's Chelsea Clinton's new father-in-law.

Nary a mention of this in any of the media. If the man was a Republican, the news would have replaced the oil spill.

Will Father of the Groom Be Welcome Figure at Chelsea Clinton's Wedding?
Convicted Felon Ed Mezvinsky Cheated Friends and Family Out of Millions of Dollars

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/father-gr ... id=9211229

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 22:00 #2 by The Viking
Wow! Now that is something I haven't heard and I cannot believe it hasn't made the news. Every family member in the Palin family was scrutinized. The left wing liberal media is so pathetic anymore that it is not even worth watching or reading if you really want to hear 'all' of the news and not just the anti conservative news.

18 Aug 2010 22:00 #3 by The Viking
I wonder if he is going to ask to borrow any money from the new in laws to pay back the money he stole?

18 Aug 2010 23:12 #4 by ScienceChic
The answer is, who cares? He was convicted, served his time, and owes restitution. If he were running for office, or doing something else illegal, then it would matter, but this is just entertainment gossip - he's the father of a son marrying a daughter of a former president and current SOS. It's not like we're getting deluged with stories of the groom either, b/c Chelsea isn't in the national spotlight! Comparing him to Sarah Palin, who ran for Vice President just 2 years ago, and continues to court the media, is apples to oranges. Movin' on...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Aug 2010 23:24 #5 by AV8OR
Gotta love it when the Dems are quick to Blame Bush on something. However, when an issue involves one of their own, we must "MOVE ON..."

18 Aug 2010 23:55 #6 by ScienceChic
Excuse me, but I challenge you to find a single post in which I EVER blame Bush for anything. Check all my posts on Pinecam, 285FreeTalk, and here, and make some coffee cuz I post a lot and you'll be a while. ;)

And BTW, I'm not registered as a Democrat either so that label doesn't stick. Try again.

What issue is there with Ed Mezvinsky, care to explain it? If you find one, then I'd be happy to discuss it, but until then, I'm moving on - which is what I said, not that everyone else must "move on". Feel free to dwell on inconsequentials if you like.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Aug 2010 23:59 #7 by AV8OR
...moving on. Gotta love it!

19 Aug 2010 00:31 #8 by ScienceChic
I moved on from the topic and onto your baseless accusations about me. I see you didn't address my challenge at all, or any of my points, gotta love that!

19 Aug 2010 05:49 #9 by LadyJazzer

Nmysys wrote: Who, exactly is "Ed" Mezvinsky? He's Chelsea Clinton's new father-in-law.

So?

Nothing more than the usual Republican Dirty-Tricks-Machine spewing out their garbage to smear a kid who's getting married.

Nothing to see here, folks...Move along...

Next outrage-of-the-day....

19 Aug 2010 07:17 #10 by navycpo7
I'm confused what does this have to do with anything. Guy did his time got out on probation. Sorry have to agree with LJ on this one. Someone crasping at straws.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds