Trump Protestors

02 May 2016 11:25 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Protestors
:P The Democrats and the press have done a very good job convincing people that the Republicans are going to take away birth control and abortion, and turn the US into a theocracy, but the GOP has been in control for the past two years and what have we actually seen? Birth control remains essentially free if you have health insurance, abortion numbers are down but that is looking like it is more the cause of this generation not having as much sex and using the free birth control. Same sex marriage is still legal despite the Republicans owning both the House & Senate.

Personally I think the GOP will continue on. Trump will just be a blip. Expect them to make a good recovery in 2018 after America sees how horrible Hillary is.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2016 17:43 #12 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Trump Protestors
The vituperation of the anti-Trump individuals is astounding. Perhaps too many middle-class citizens have been indoctrinated to assume that a Presidential candidate cannot talk like you and me without being disparaged and must give only talking points regardless of the question. Donald Trump has many warts and is not ashamed to show them. We hear that he provokes those in the rally to violence, is it so easy to forget our current President who said if they bring a knife to the fight we will bring a gun? (Google for the director quote).
My opinion, for what it is worth, Trump may very well drop out of the public view if he loses the nomination, and we the people are the worst for it.

02 May 2016 18:44 #13 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Trump Protestors
I always have to wonder about these wonderful labels everyone assigns--there are some things on which I agree considered liberal--there are things I believe that are considered conservative. Yet they call me a "libtard"--this from the extreme right, normally, but also the other side. I believe everyone has a right to live their lives as they wish, with that right ending where my nose begins. I couldn't care less if you are Jewish, gay, had an abortion, Christian, red, white black or purple with orange polka dots. I DO care if you try to force your beliefs on me. I DO care if you don't take responsibility for your own actions. I DO care if you infringe on my rights--including telling me that the bad guy can have a gun, but I can't. I'm sick of the greed and arrogance of the masses. Everyone needs to grow up, get a brain and stop labeling--oh, yeah--and I believe if the group of yahoos is the best the American people can come up with, God help us, regardless of who ends up "elected"--and I say that with more than a little sarcasm

03 May 2016 14:27 #14 by ramage
Well said!

03 May 2016 15:23 #15 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Trump Protestors

Carrie wrote: I always have to wonder about these wonderful labels everyone assigns--there are some things on which I agree considered liberal--there are things I believe that are considered conservative. Yet they call me a "libtard"--this from the extreme right, normally, but also the other side. I believe everyone has a right to live their lives as they wish, with that right ending where my nose begins. I couldn't care less if you are Jewish, gay, had an abortion, Christian, red, white black or purple with orange polka dots. I DO care if you try to force your beliefs on me. I DO care if you don't take responsibility for your own actions. I DO care if you infringe on my rights--including telling me that the bad guy can have a gun, but I can't. I'm sick of the greed and arrogance of the masses. Everyone needs to grow up, get a brain and stop labeling--oh, yeah--and I believe if the group of yahoos is the best the American people can come up with, God help us, regardless of who ends up "elected"--and I say that with more than a little sarcasm

Where do you stand on "hate speech"? I understand that the fist needs to stop before the nose, do the words need to stop before they reach your ears?

03 May 2016 17:46 #16 by ramage
Before you can ask where does one stand on" hate speech" it first has to be defined and by whom. Are you the arbiter of hate speech? Is hate speech something that offends you? Please explain.

03 May 2016 20:33 #17 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Trump Protestors
I have held my tongue for as long as I can on this topic. I'm not a big fan of Trump but if he gets the nomination from the GOP I'll hold my nose and vote for him; I can't tolerate the notion of the Hildabeast attaining the office of POTUS. Hillary Clinton is a criminal that belongs in prison and I can't condone anyone voting for her ever.

I find it ironic that "Liberals" are resorting to violence in the face of Trump's campaign; aren't Liberals and Democrats the party of peace? I have no problem with anyone making a peaceful protest and enjoying the Constitutional rights guaranteed to them as US Citizens. When those protests become violent and destructive I full support Law Enforcement and their efforts to enforce the law. When protesters enlist 8 year old kids to dress up as Mexicans, fly the Mexican flag, and cuss out anyone in Spanish I have strong objections to their conduct. When Liberal protesters start destroying property I have a big problem with their conduct and I wish that Law Enforcement personnel would react within the limits of the law.

We're all in this together and it's up to us and US citizens to make smart choices about who we elect to be our leaders. Think long and hard before you vote, pick the candidate how is the most viable to win and in the best position to start bringing our country back under control (in case you're wondering IMHO it's not the Hildabeast).

#hillaryforprison2016

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 May 2016 08:11 #18 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic Trump Protestors
And in voting for him you will be condoning his bigotry, xenophobia, disregard for truth and bullying. Those are not the values of the Republican party, much less the values of America.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

04 May 2016 08:18 - 05 May 2016 10:41 #19 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Protestors

hillfarmer wrote: And in voting for him you will be condoning his bigotry, xenophobia, disregard for truth and bullying. Those are not the values of the Republican party, much less the values of America.

There are no perfect candidates out there, but Hillary and Trump make it look like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Traditionally once the primaries are over, the candidates track back to the center. It will be interesting to see what Trump becomes. But fighting illegal immigration isn't xenophobic, it is upholding the law. If America wants to welcome all immigration, they would change the laws. And I don't see anyone promoting Open Borders but the Libertarian Party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2016 10:04 #20 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Trump Protestors
We ARE scraping the bottom of the barrel!

In regards to "hate speech", let me say one thing---first, it's the old grade school saying--"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Of course it may hurt EMOTIONALLY. But one of the most brilliant men I ever knew gave me this advice when I was in college: People can insult you, make you feel guilty, and a host of other things--BUT: It is YOUR decision whether or not to accept whatever is aimed at you and put it on your :applaud: own head--OR NOT.

Hate speech reflects on the person who speaks it--not the intended victim.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds