Trump Protestors

05 May 2016 11:41 #21 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Trump Protestors

Carrie wrote: Hate speech reflects on the person who speaks it--not the intended victim.

That may be true, although I believe that defining hate speech is subjective, but does it need to stop? Should hate speech be outlawed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2016 13:15 #22 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Trump Protestors
I do believe that I heard, along with a few million others, Trump say he would PROSECUTE women who had an abortion, if he could. And that radical-right hypocritical pseudo-Christian Ted C. is just as bigoted. And Over-The-Hill-ary believes if you control guns, the bad guys won't be able to get weapons, either. I am SO SICK of people trying to pass laws to make me believe what they do! Anti-gay, Anti-abortion, and-gun, anti-this and anti-that. GET A GRIP! (or get a life--) As I said before, if these are the best two America has to offer, God help the U.S.A. And these bigoted hate-mongers that bill themselves as "Christians" sure didn't grow up in the same Christian faith in which I was raised.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

05 May 2016 13:23 #23 by Carrie
And who do YOU trust to define "hate speech"? Maybe it should start with parents and schools--You can't pass laws to define it--look at the people you would be asking to pass that legislation!

05 May 2016 14:45 #24 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Protestors

Mary Scott wrote:

Carrie wrote: Hate speech reflects on the person who speaks it--not the intended victim.

That may be true, although I believe that defining hate speech is subjective, but does it need to stop? Should hate speech be outlawed?

Banning "hate" speech is starting down a dangerous road. I could see where people could be jailed for denigrating a politician.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2016 23:01 #25 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Trump Protestors

Carrie wrote: And who do YOU trust to define "hate speech"? Maybe it should start with parents and schools--You can't pass laws to define it--look at the people you would be asking to pass that legislation!

OK, I understand I will not get an answer.

Please have a good evening.

06 May 2016 11:00 #26 by Carrie
I did answer you--you TEACH respect--You DON'T legislate it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: intheaspens

06 May 2016 15:18 #27 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Protestors

Carrie wrote: I do believe that I heard, along with a few million others, Trump say he would PROSECUTE women who had an abortion, if he could. And that radical-right hypocritical pseudo-Christian Ted C. is just as bigoted. And Over-The-Hill-ary believes if you control guns, the bad guys won't be able to get weapons, either. I am SO SICK of people trying to pass laws to make me believe what they do! Anti-gay, Anti-abortion, and-gun, anti-this and anti-that. GET A GRIP! (or get a life--) As I said before, if these are the best two America has to offer, God help the U.S.A. And these bigoted hate-mongers that bill themselves as "Christians" sure didn't grow up in the same Christian faith in which I was raised.....

First of all I'd just like to say welcome to the forum.... nice to see someone new who isn't afraid to jump right in with a heartfelt opinion. Even though I'm sure I have many disagreements with your ideology since I consider myself a conservative, I completely agree with your sentiments on this unbelievable joke of an election. On one side we have an admitted buyer of political influence running against one of the biggest sellers of political influence (although she would never admit to it). Both are proven liars, both wouldn't know a principled stand if it landed on their mansions, and I won't be voting for either of them. Both are liberals, but if they were both conservatives with the same fatal flaws and incompetence, I swear my decision would be the same.

Do I despise Hillary more than Trump?, yes, but that's like picking between a dirty used car salesman and a lying corrupt politician... we shouldn't have to make that choice, so I'm not going to. For the first time in 32 years I'm going to vote for someone who has no chance to win because I will not toss my principles and common sense into the trash can. Funny thing is the guy I'm voting for has a name I can't recall right now..

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2016 16:52 #28 by Carrie
On some things, I am a conservative. On others, a liberal....it depends on the issue. I agree with you on voting for someone other than the two front contenders. If you have a suggestion, send me the party and the candidates name--I'll happily join you!

06 May 2016 21:20 #29 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Trump Protestors
At the first Republican debate all candidates but Trump enthusiastically put up their hands and affirmed their support for the eventual nominee. Mr. Trump did not and he told the viewers why. Now that he is the nominee several of the hopefuls have stated they will not support Mr. Trump. Perhaps this can be the new definition of pandering and hypocrisy.

07 May 2016 08:11 - 07 May 2016 08:12 #30 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Protestors

ramage wrote: At the first Republican debate all candidates but Trump enthusiastically put up their hands and affirmed their support for the eventual nominee. Mr. Trump did not and he told the viewers why. Now that he is the nominee several of the hopefuls have stated they will not support Mr. Trump. Perhaps this can be the new definition of pandering and hypocrisy.

There's no way to prove this, but if "little Marco" or "lyin Ted" had won the nomination, I would have bet money that Trump would have run on a third party ticket... his ego is far too big to endorse anyone but himself.

For me, the only satisfaction I'm going to have this election is seeing one of these two miserable human beings go down in flames. If there was any real justice, the winner would meet an untimely death or be indicted shortly after taking office and spare us the torture for four years. I wish I could insert myself into the Matrix until it was over.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds