Cruz Drops Out.

03 May 2016 19:28 #1 by FredHayek
Cruz Drops Out. was created by FredHayek
The GOP is assumed to pander to the religious radicals but tonight the secular, serial adulterer with numerous ex-wives beat out the son of a pastor. The TEA Party lost to a man who promises to use protectionism to bring jobs back to America. Populism over traditional Republican values.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2016 19:48 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Cruz Drops Out.
Don't disbar Fred. The postman's son is still in the race for the Republican nomination.

04 May 2016 07:07 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Cruz Drops Out.
Anyone think that the GOP will have a palace coup at the convention and replace Trump with Paul Ryan?

04 May 2016 07:53 #4 by ramage
Ryan does not want to be associated with two failed national elections. One, as the VP in 2012 and two as the Presidential candidate in 2016. He is only 46 y.o. and has a lot of future in front of him. Staying as the Speaker of the House puts him 3rd in line of succession to the Presidency, not a bad position if a Clinton/Sanders ticket is elected.
He would also get the undying enmity of Trump supporters not only in 2016 but also in future elections.
Correction:
In my previous comment, I meant to type "don't despair" not "don't disbar". An attempt at gallows humor.

04 May 2016 08:09 #5 by ramage
It should be noted that the Green Party is on the ballot in 20+ states and adding. That encompasses 55% of the population. They are now actively courting Sanders' supporters. It is certainly not a cakewalk to the Presidency for Clinton.

04 May 2016 11:17 #6 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic Cruz Drops Out.
Perhaps if the Conservatives get their act together and put up a decent candidate we can have a real 4 party race.

04 May 2016 16:50 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Cruz Drops Out.
So now Cruz and Kasich have dropped out, leaving only Trump. Who do you think he'll pick as VP?

I love that the Green Party is getting some traction. I haven't looked to see who's running for the Libertarian ticket, does anyone know? As far as I'm concerned, the more candidates to choose from, the better.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 May 2016 07:15 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Cruz Drops Out.
The Libertarians are still deciding who gets to be their candidate. Between Gov. Johnson and & McAfee I think. Google searches for Libertarian Party and the current candidates shot up after Cruz dropped out.

05 May 2016 09:41 #9 by ramage
I trust that we can agree that Trump is pragmatic businessman. A VP candidate that can bring something to the contest is value added. I have always thought the John Kasich was running for Vice President and seems likely to get that position. He would deliver Ohio into the Republican column and would not hurt Trump with his supporters.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds