The Elections Biggest Issues?

27 Jul 2016 17:44 #1 by FredHayek
What will be the biggest issues in the Presidential campaign? Trade? The economy? Social issues? Or will it mainly be character assassination on both sides? To me right now, this election is mostly about negative campaigning.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2016 06:52 #2 by ramage
In that the Mainstream Media report on what they choose and thus try to direct, or should I say deflect, the public to what the MSM desires, I am of the opinion that the next 3 months will be about the personalities of the candidates. For example, Trump and the Republicans are hammering on the Radical IslamistTerrorist threat, the Democrats have said nothing about Isis thus far in their convention. The press does not report this profound difference.

28 Jul 2016 07:33 #3 by ThuenteDL
Probably character, trustworthiness and as always, the independents will tip the scales.

28 Jul 2016 12:42 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Elections Biggest Issues?
Figuring out which bathroom a transgendered or "questioning" person should use and which "micro-aggressions" should be made illegal.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Nov 2016 07:06 - 05 Nov 2016 07:07 #5 by ramage
From the AP 11/4/2016

AP Top News
Melania Trump modeled in US prior to getting work visa.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to The Associated Press.

This, from the AP, is the spousal equivalency of your spouse being disbarred for perjury. From Snopes, "Shortly after Clinton's license was suspended in Arkansas, the U.S. Supreme Court suspended Clinton from presenting cases in front of the highest court (which he had never done) and gave him 40 days to contest his disbarment (which Clinton did not do). Instead, he resigned from the Supreme Court bar:

05 Nov 2016 11:30 #6 by hillfarmer
Dealing with the fallout after the election is at least as important as the issues in the campaign. The level of hatred unleashed by both sides and the level of disdain for the federal government are literally threats to our democracy. Most disquieting are those who are preaching armed revolution and treason when Hillary wins.

05 Nov 2016 12:03 #7 by ramage
Most disquieting are those who burn Trump signs deface buildings with obscene, racist graffiti and throw bricks threw the windows of the Republican HQ in Denver. The rock literally hitting a chair in the office where a 12 y.o. had been sitting seconds earlier. Perhaps your time would be better used on those who are actually committing crimes rather than hypotheticals.

05 Nov 2016 21:09 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Elections Biggest Issues?

ramage wrote: Most disquieting are those who burn Trump signs deface buildings with obscene, racist graffiti and throw bricks threw the windows of the Republican HQ in Denver. The rock literally hitting a chair in the office where a 12 y.o. had been sitting seconds earlier. Perhaps your time would be better used on those who are actually committing crimes rather than hypotheticals.

How many protests have we watched that were drummed up by false narratives like "hands up don't shoot" where they devolved into riots, looting, arson, and gun violence? I'm pretty sure they were not Trump voters, but hey, false narratives seem to work for the left so may as well double down.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Nov 2016 23:27 #9 by Mary Scott

ramage wrote: From the AP 11/4/2016

AP Top News
Melania Trump modeled in US prior to getting work visa.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to The Associated Press.

I do declare, I think I may faint. What shall I do? :littledance

06 Nov 2016 08:25 #10 by FredHayek
And the NY Post today had a story that Hillary Clinton was having her maid print out classified e-mails. Wow. She just refuses to obey the law.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds