Peaceful Counter Demonstrators

16 Aug 2017 06:49 #1 by ramage
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2017 18:21 - 17 Aug 2017 09:56 #2 by ramage
From: zerohedge.com: www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-16/why-wa...s-charlotte-last-wee

Why Was This 'Crowd Hire' Company Recruiting $25 An Hour 'Political Activists' In Charlotte Last Week?

Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Aug 16, 2017 4:45 PM
SHARES
TwitterFacebookReddit
Trump ignited a political firestorm yesterday during an impromptu press conference in which he said there was "blame on both sides" for the tragic events that occurred in Charlottesville over the weekend.

Now, the discovery of a craigslist ad posted last Monday, almost a full week before the Charlottesville protests, is raising new questions over whether paid protesters were sourced by a Los Angeles based "public relations firm specializing in innovative events" to serve as agitators in counterprotests.

The ad was posted by a company called "Crowds on Demand" and offered $25 per hour to "actors and photographers" to participate in events in the "Charlotte, NC area." While the ad didn't explicitly define a role to be filled by its crowd of "actors and photographers" it did ask applicants to comment on whether they were "ok with participating in peaceful protests." Here is the text from the ad:

Actors and Photographers Wanted in Charlotte

Crowds on Demand, a Los Angeles-based Public Relations firm specializing in innovative events, is looking for enthusiastic actors and photographers in the Charlotte, NC area to participate in our events. Our events include everything from rallies to protests to corporate PR stunts to celebrity scenes. The biggest qualification is enthusiasm, a "can-do" spirit. Pay will vary by event but typically is $25+ per hour plus reimbursements for gas/parking/Uber/public transit.

For more information about us, please visit www.crowdsondemand.com

If you're interested in working with us, please reply to this posting with the following info:
Full Name
Prior relevant experience (as an actor/performer, photographer, brand ambassador, political activist, etc)
When are you usually available for work?
Resume (optional)
If you're a photographer, what equipment do you use?
Are you ok with participating in peaceful protests (optional)?
And a screenshot of the original post:

RELATED VIDEO
Attachments:

17 Aug 2017 11:46 #3 by ScienceChic
I've seen these claims made by some who say that Antifa demonstrators (or others) are hired to disrupt and discredit what would otherwise be a peaceful demonstration by Black Lives Matter, anti-KKK, anti-gay etc groups. Be always skeptical of what you see.

Photo of ‘Antifa’ man assaulting officer was doctored, analysis shows

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Aug 2017 16:09 #4 by hillfarmer
We can distill this down to something simple: Nazis and white supremacists are antithetical to American values. They clearly went there to create chaos and commit violence. Any attempt to justify their beliefs and actions is morally indefensible.

19 Aug 2017 14:46 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Peaceful Counter Demonstrators

hillfarmer wrote: We can distill this down to something simple: Nazis and white supremacists are antithetical to American values. They clearly went there to create chaos and commit violence. Any attempt to justify their beliefs and actions is morally indefensible.

I think these white supremacists/kkk dirtbags are a joke as they always have been. However, what evidence do you have that they went there to be violent? In the last 10 years, who has spawned more violence, black lives matter or the KKK? What evidence is there that these scumbags were going to commit violence absent a violent opposition?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Aug 2017 21:28 #6 by hillfarmer
There is a significant, even overwhelming, set of evidence pointing to the desire on the part of these "scumbags" to commit violence that is available in even a cursory search of the internet. They are, however, working very hard to spread the propaganda that they simply went down to Virginia to exercise their right to free speech. That claim is the very definition of disinformation.

20 Aug 2017 17:23 #7 by Blazer Bob

21 Aug 2017 16:41 - 21 Aug 2017 16:42 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Peaceful Counter Demonstrators

hillfarmer wrote: There is a significant, even overwhelming, set of evidence pointing to the desire on the part of these "scumbags" to commit violence that is available in even a cursory search of the internet. They are, however, working very hard to spread the propaganda that they simply went down to Virginia to exercise their right to free speech. That claim is the very definition of disinformation.

I think there is as much evidence of media sources that want to fire this up in order to spawn violence. Saying that someone has a "desire" to commit violence is a whole lot different that planning on being violent. If there were no violent opposition, do you have evidence that a violent attack of any kind was planned? I doubt it. As far as propaganda goes, I think social media is far more effective, especially if the worthless media would keep the coverage of KKK demonstrators at a bare minimum... but that would not be helpful in stirring up emotions on both sides.

Do you have any problem with past BLM protesters calling for the death of cops? Just checking your consistency, because I believe that propaganda actually resulted in cops being assassinated.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Aug 2017 23:04 #9 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Saying that someone has a "desire" to commit violence is a whole lot different that planning on being violent. If there were no violent opposition, do you have evidence that a violent attack of any kind was planned? I doubt it.

Based on this article, it sure sounds like they'd planned something. I'm guessing that the website they are referring to is The Daily Stormer.

In Charlottesville, the Local Jewish Community Presses On
By Alan Zimmerman , 8/14/2017

The loss of life far outweighs any fear or concern felt by me or the Jewish community during the past several weeks as we braced for this Nazi rally – but the effects of both will each linger.

On Saturday morning, I stood outside our synagogue with the armed security guard we hired after the police department refused to provide us with an officer during morning services.

Here’s what I witnessed during that time.

For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple. Had they tried to enter, I don’t know what I could have done to stop them, but I couldn’t take my eyes off them, either. Perhaps the presence of our armed guard deterred them. Perhaps their presence was just a coincidence, and I’m paranoid. I don’t know.

Several times, parades of Nazis passed our building, shouting, “There's the synagogue!” followed by chants of “Seig Heil” and other anti-Semitic language. Some carried flags with swastikas and other Nazi symbols.
A guy in a white polo shirt walked by the synagogue a few times, arousing suspicion. Was he casing the building, or trying to build up courage to commit a crime? We didn’t know.

Soon, we learned that Nazi websites had posted a call to burn our synagogue. [emphasis mine] I sat with one of our rabbis and wondered whether we should go back to the temple to protect the building. What could I do if I were there? Fortunately, it was just talk – but we had already deemed such an attack within the realm of possibilities, taking the precautionary step of removing our Torahs, including a Holocaust scroll, from the premises.

Violence of any kind is wrong. At the Boston demonstrations the BLM was actively taking measures to help protect the white supremacists from the crowds there.

BlazerBob, the lady in your video apparently hasn't been paying attention. A simple Google search brings up lots of articles on the prison system and disenfranchisement of blacks. The privatization of our prisons, and lopsided incarceration of blacks vs whites, is something that more liberal media sources have been reporting on and condemning for some time now. And it's something that our current POTUS is making worse . I have no idea what she's talking about regarding the education system, her claim makes no sense.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Aug 2017 07:44 #10 by ramage
Racist' Gandhi statue banished from Ghana university campus
Accra academics win removal of Mahatma sculpture after petition denouncing Indian leader and saying African heroes ‘come first’
The Ghana university Gandhi statue, a focus for claims that the Indian leader was racist towards black South Africans.
The Ghana university Gandhi statue, a focus for claims that the Indian leader was racist towards black South Africans. Photograph: Christian Thompson/AP
View more sharing options This article is 11 months old
Shares
Comments
Jason Burke Africa correspondent
Thursday 6 October 2016 12.09 EDT Last modified on Thursday 6 October 2016 17.00 EDT
A statue of Mahatma Gandhi will be removed from a university campus in Ghana after professors launched a petition claiming the revered Indian independence leader and thinker was racist.

The statue of Gandhi was unveiled in June at the University of Ghana campus in Accra by Pranab Mukherjee, the president of India, as a symbol of close ties between the two countries.

But in September a group of professors started a petition calling for the removal of the statue, saying Gandhi was racist and that the university should put African heroes and heroines “first and foremost”.

Petition calls for Gandhi statue to be removed from Ghana University
Read more
The petition states “it is better to stand up for our dignity than to kowtow to the wishes of a burgeoning Eurasian super power”, and quotes passages written by Gandhi which say Indians are “infinitely superior” to black Africans.

More than 1,000 people signed the petition, which claimed that not only was Gandhi racist towards black South Africans when he lived in South Africa as a young man, but that he campaigned for the maintenance of India’s caste system, an ancient social hierarchy that still defines the status in that country of hundreds of millions of people.

Ghana’s foreign ministry said it had followed the controversy with “deep concern” and wanted to relocate the statue.

“The government would therefore want to relocate the statue from the University of Ghana to ensure its safety and to avoid the controversy.” it said. “While acknowledging that, human as he was, Mahatma Gandhi may have had his flaws, we must remember that people evolve.”

Read the whole article.

The Guardian, October 6, 2016.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds