Hypocrisy at the Supreme Court

12 Dec 2017 17:24 #1 by ramage
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, during her entire 24+ yr stint on the Supreme Court has never had a Black or Hispanic/Latino law clerk. She is a proponent of affirmative action for thee but not for me. For more information please go to Law.com and read the article by Tony Mauro 12/12/17. It is behind a firewall and you will have to pay for access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2018 23:10 #2 by Carrie
When the Republicans refused to interview Obama's choice for Supreme Court Justice at the death of Justice Scalia until after the elections, each should have been tried for treason. It was, at the least, derelection of duty.

22 Feb 2018 08:34 #3 by FredHayek
If we impeached everyone in the government who did not do their job in a timely manner, DC would be empty. :happyprez:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Feb 2018 09:16 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Hypocrisy at the Supreme Court

Carrie wrote: When the Republicans refused to interview Obama's choice for Supreme Court Justice at the death of Justice Scalia until after the elections, each should have been tried for treason. It was, at the least, derelection of duty.

Tell me honestly, if that old nut Ginsberg dies in the last 6 months of Trump's term, would you be ok with Trump nominating a conservative and would you not want the next president to make that decision based on the election?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Feb 2018 09:58 #5 by Carrie
I would at least expect them to interview the nominee and then see how many agree with the responses. No, I don't want uninformed Tramp making ANY decisions, but there is a protocol and a process, whether or not I agree with it. At the least, do your duty and your job--they failed.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds