Platte Canyon Fire Special District Election for 2 Board of Directors May 8th

02 May 2018 20:57 #1 by MyMountainTown
We have learned that there is an election for Platte Canyon Fire Protection District's Board of Directors with 2 seats up for re-election. According to candidate Paul Stoltman, Glen Pence and Mac McMullen are running for re-election while he and Ladd Hunter are running against them for their seats.

You must go to the fire station at 153 Delwood Dr, Bailey CO on May 8, 2018 in order to vote.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2018 14:30 #2 by Carrie
Does anyone have any info on what the differences between them might be?

07 May 2018 16:39 #3 by Mountain-News-Events
We reached out to the two incumbent candidates after calling the fire station and them helping us get in touch with their attorney.

We have received a bio from Candidate Glenn Pence and are posting it in its entirety with his blessing:

I am Glenn Pence and I have lived in the Platte Canyon Community for 47 years. I joined the Platte Canyon Fire Department as a volunteer firefighter in 1973. Was an active volunteer for 25 years. In 1986, I was elected to Platte Canyon Fire Protection District Board. Since, I have been on the district board, the board has continued to initiate countless improvements for our district and personnel. These improvements have improved the quality of our fire department's apparatus by purchasing of the most efficient, economical and technical advanced equipment possible. We moved from antiquated vehicles to four-wheel drive ambulances and fire trucks, improved safety equipment for personnel, built two new fire stations,improved another, and established a fourth, provided lap-top computers for the vehicles, developed extensive mapping, established fire mitigation in the district, and instrumental in providing ambulance with advanced life support 24/7. While I was on the board the district ISO classification has been lowered twice which has saved our residents hundreds dollars on their insurance premiums yearly.

Along with serving the community as a firefighter and the president of the Platte Canyon Fire Protection District Board for many years, I am a retired Platte Canyon School District teacher/coach of 30 years, retired Deputy Coroner of 20 years and a retired EMT on the ambulance. I would appreciate the opportunity to continue to service Platte Canyon community as a member of the Platte Canyon Fire Protection District Board.

Thank you,

Glenn Pence

Paul Stoltman, introducing himself: www.facebook.com/groups/ParkCountyElecti...ink/230022134215100/

His second post discussing issues he sees that the department has: www.facebook.com/groups/ParkCountyElecti...ink/231474780736502/

Ladd Hunter introduction: www.facebook.com/groups/ParkCountyElecti...ink/230091390874841/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

09 May 2018 10:10 #4 by Mountain-News-Events
From Platte Canyon Fire Protection District:
Thank you to our community for coming out to vote.
Thank to all our candidates.
Congratulations to Mr. Pence and Mr. McMullen.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds