Economics 101

16 Jun 2018 11:13 #1 by Rick
Economics 101 was created by Rick
Since the worthless media is mostly ignoring the economy these days (so strange, I have no idea why)... I thought it would be fun to talk about it and debate a few things R's and Ds tend to disagree about.

#1. When you have a situation where the number of people not working is outnumbered by job openings, what happens to wages overall?

a. Nothing, they stay pretty much the same
b. Wages will naturally lower overall
c. Wages will naturally rise overall
d. It doesn't matter because Trump sucks

#2. With the lowering of corporate and personal taxes, the revenue government receives will:

a. Always be less since a lesser rate means the government will get less
b. It doesn't change enough to notice
c. The amount will increase as long as the decreases in rates increases economic growth
d. It doesn't matter because Trump sucks

feel free to add your own questions

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2018 10:54 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Economics 101
Great questions. Consider this, if the President Trump economy is so bad, why are housing prices continuing to increase in Colorado? If people aren't getting raises, who are affording these micro-mansions and million dollar lofts downtown? If the tariffs are so bad, why is the building still going on?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Aug 2018 07:36 #3 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Economics 101

FredHayek wrote: Great questions. Consider this, if the President Trump economy is so bad, why are housing prices continuing to increase in Colorado? If people aren't getting raises, who are affording these micro-mansions and million dollar lofts downtown? If the tariffs are so bad, why is the building still going on?

Moronic questions. Wages AREN'T rising, as you yourself acknowledge. And if they were, people wouldn't be spending them on downtown lofts.

22 Aug 2018 09:29 - 15 Jan 2019 07:09 #4 by FredHayek
Maybe your wages aren't rising (possibly because of ***************?) but construction workers and employers I have been talking with have seen their wages increasing. Also oil field workers are seeing their wages rising. Face it Brandon, if wages and incomes were stuck, housing prices would be leveling off, and interest rates would be falling. This is not happening. People are getting full 40 hour weeks, many are getting overtime. Sub 500K homes are still being sold before the for sale sign gets put in the ground.

22 Aug 2018 09:44 #5 by Brandon
Why do you think your anecdotes have meaning?

money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/news/economy/wa...h-workers/index.html

23 Aug 2018 09:18 #6 by FredHayek
Your own article tripped you up. People are working longer hours. Brandon, when your Starbucks job gives you 40 hours a week instead of the 16 you got during the Obama years, your wage didn't rise but your income did. Sidenote: increased wages due to low unemployment usually take longer to see. Trump hasn't been in office that long. Sidenote 2: no increased wages? Strange, since so many Democrat areas have been increaseing local minimum wages. Why is that?

23 Aug 2018 14:03 #7 by Brandon
The OP wasn't asking about longer hours, 'bagger...

23 Aug 2018 15:07 #8 by FredHayek
Brandon, may I ask, have you taken any economic classes? Supply and demand is real. If wages were not going up in the Denver Metro area, housing prices would not be increasing. Unemployment is at historic lows, housing prices are at record highs. Everything points to a great recovery since President Trump has become America's CEO. As much as the leftist press wants to discount the economic recovery, it is real. In the Obama years, businesses were requiring four year degrees and drug tests to get good jobs, these are slowly disappearing so that even someone like you can find a better job! Take heart, you won't always be living in your parent's basement sucking on battery acid and getting more bitter.

23 Aug 2018 16:02 #9 by Brandon
I have taken such classes, Fard, which is why I know what "Keynesian" means and want to see actual data instead of your bullshit. Wages are not keeping pace with inflation, and the notion that housing prices are driven by wages is quite moronic.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds