Poll: What's a dealbreaker for you to withdraw support of a politician

20 Aug 2018 11:40 #21 by ScienceChic
Rick, you and I disagree on the health of our economy, so setting up your question as an either/or that I or anyone would be willing to "destroy our economy to get rid of Trump" is unfair at best.

Let me make this perfectly clear: this is about justice, not revenge. I don't like Trump because I believe he has committed crimes and betrayed our country, but it goes much deeper than that and far beyond just him. Any politician who has committed fraud, insider trading, worked in the interests of foreign governments, or worse should be investigated, brought to trial, and their guilt or innocence decided by a jury of their peers. I do not relish this situation; this country I love is being harmed every day by corruption and greed. Bringing those guilty to justice is going to cause great uncertainty, but leaving it to continue is far worse.

We are Americans first, and we should hold truth, honor, and justice above all else.

"We must get past the mindset that for half the country to win, the other half must lose. Effective governance is not a zero-sum game. We rise together, we succeed together, or we fall together. Deal making and compromise for progress is better than paralyzation via petulance." ~Counterchekist

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2018 12:20 - 20 Aug 2018 12:24 #22 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: Rick, you and I disagree on the health of our economy, so setting up your question as an either/or that I or anyone would be willing to "destroy our economy to get rid of Trump" is unfair at best.

Let me make this perfectly clear: this is about justice, not revenge. I don't like Trump because I believe he has committed crimes and betrayed our country, but it goes much deeper than that and far beyond just him. Any politician who has committed fraud, insider trading, worked in the interests of foreign governments, or worse should be investigated, brought to trial, and their guilt or innocence decided by a jury of their peers. I do not relish this situation; this country I love is being harmed every day by corruption and greed. Bringing those guilty to justice is going to cause great uncertainty, but leaving it to continue is far worse.

We are Americans first, and we should hold truth, honor, and justice above all else.

"We must get past the mindset that for half the country to win, the other half must lose. Effective governance is not a zero-sum game. We rise together, we succeed together, or we fall together. Deal making and compromise for progress is better than paralyzation via petulance." ~Counterchekist

I see, so you agree that Hillary Clinton should be investigated as well, right? And please list all these crimes Trump has committed. Even the most worthless leftist media like CNN and MSNBC haven't come up with any actual crimes although every day they have some hope.

I realize you don't see the economic numbers like I do, but would you rather see the economy tank into another recession if that was the only way to keep Trump from winning again? If you think he won't win because of what Mueller finds, you're going to be greatly disappointed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Aug 2018 13:04 #23 by ScienceChic
Hillary has been investigated how many times now? Sat through how many hours of testimony before Congress? And been found guilty how many times?

Look, at some point you can either continue to believe in conspiracy theories, or you trust in our justice system. Either the rule of law works or our entire nation crumbles.

Trump is under investigation for:
Obstruction of Justice
Racketeering
Money Laundering
Conspiracy/Treason
Violating election campaign finance laws
and reportedly human trafficking.

Whether he is guilty of that last one I don't know, but obstruction of justice, racketeering, violating election campaign finance laws, and money laundering seem pretty obvious at this point, and he is acting as an agent of influence for a foreign government after asking said foreign government for dirt on his opponent, lifting some sanctions on them previously put in place, and posting publicly on their behalf advocating for them.

Innocent men do not avoid depositions for fear of perjury (LOL at "The truth is not the truth," Guiliani) and act like he has been when under investigation.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Aug 2018 13:18 #24 by ramage
"
Trump is under investigation for:
Obstruction of Justice
Racketeering
Money Laundering
Conspiracy/Treason
Violating election campaign finance laws
and reportedly human trafficking.

Really, and who is conducting this investigation?

20 Aug 2018 13:35 #25 by ScienceChic
The New York Attorney's office and the Special Counsel, as I've previously posted.

20 Aug 2018 16:16 #26 by ramage
I am sorry but I could not find any mention of Mr. Mueller or Mr. Schneiderman (now discredited and resigned after being accused of assaulting 4 women) (you might want to find a better source) investigating Mr. Trump for human trafficking, treason, etc. Please cite the Mueller investigation specific charges against Mr. Trump.

I find it amusing that you use the example of Hilary Clinton to oppose Mr. Trump. Hilary Clinton is as pure as driven snow, just ask Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, etc. as to what a moral paragon is our Hillary.

20 Aug 2018 18:32 #27 by ScienceChic
I didn't say Schneiderman was investigating Trump, I said the NY Attorney's office. Cases don't end just because the lead attorney steps down (which I applaud that he did after reading the accounts by his victims, he had no business being in that role after what he was alleged to have done came to light; it's a shame that others so accused aren't following suit and doing the right thing).

The Special Counsel's investigation hasn't made any charges against Trump. Their investigation continues, but it isn't a stretch to see what's he's guilty of if you follow the money and what his associates have been accused of (and some have pleaded guilty to already), which is what that article and those sources that I've cited in that thread have done.

I also did not "compare" Clinton to Trump, I answered Rick's question asking "I see, so you agree that Hillary Clinton should be investigated as well, right?" I answered by asking how many times she's already been investigated (9, I believe?), how many hours she's testified on record (11 hours straight for at least one of those, right?), and how often she's been found guilty (zero). I said nothing as to how I feel about her or that she's innocent of any wrong-doing. I stated facts, plain and simple. I find it interesting that she keeps being brought up though - aren't us liberals told all the time that she lost and we need to move on?

Attachments:

21 Aug 2018 15:22 #28 by Rick
Under who's administration was Hillary investigated? If Trump did what Hillary did (destroying subpoenaed evidence, destroying cell phones and laptops, bleachbitting the server hardrive, etc etc) do you really think the FBI and DOJ would have just let those little facts go unchallenged? Come on SC, you're much smarter than that. How about the fact that her campaign paid for Russian dirt and that Russian dirt was used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Americans? How come Trump wasn't warned that there was a possible spy or in his campaign like Diane Feinstein was warned about... you know, the Chinese spy the worked for her for 20 years. If the FBI was willing to warn her and not investigate her, why didn't Trump get that same treatment? There's so many double standards mixed with hypocrisy mixed with blatant political bias that this whole this will be one of the most epic jokes of our history.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds