Poll: What's a dealbreaker for you to withdraw support of a politician

03 Aug 2018 17:29 #11 by ScienceChic
ramage, I find that interesting that you don't consider oral sex with a woman other than his wife as cheating (not to mention that he was accused of worse by other women). I do consider that adultery.

I do see your point about Melania, but I think the situations are apples to oranges. They both stayed with their husbands, but Hillary had her own power and a career to fight for (not defending what she did attacking the women who accused Bill b/c I think that was horrendous) whereas Melania has none. She is trapped by her pre-nup and caring for a young child. Is she even a citizen of the U.S. or would she be subject to deportation if she divorced Trump? There were rumors not long after Trump won that they had actually signed divorce papers that were going to be made public after the election, assuming per the polls that he was going to lose, but then he won and they squashed that - wouldn't do for an incoming president to be undergoing divorce proceedings. Financial insecurity will make many women stay in abusive relationships, or ones in which their spouses are cheating. And yes, I do believe that he has cheated multiple times, it's his pattern over multiple marriages. I don't think she's spoken out because she stands to lose more than Hillary did when she spoke up.

Regardless of all that, anyone who cheats on their spouse loses my respect. It doesn't matter what the wives say or don't say, the act of adultery is immoral and shows lack of character. Either you support that position or you don't.

Rick, you are missing the details and point of this post. If I wanted to talk about Trump specifically, I would've just put this in the Impeachment thread. I very deliberately titled it POLITICIANS, not PRESIDENT, and yes they are very generic terms for options but if I go into specifics, then we go down rabbit holes of individual candidates. As evidenced by ramage's comment, s/he was referring directly to Hillary and that's fine, at least it was an attempt to engage in conversation. When I put in murder, I was thinking of Edward Kennedy. Paying for mistress's abortions, John Edwards. But you go right on ahead assuming I only mean Trump. :smackshead: (Talk about TDS)

The goal of THIS topic is that it was intended to be a discussion of whether we hold any of our elected representatives accountable for their actions and what actions are those which cross the line, and if anyone was willing to commit in writing to that. I find it intriguing that y'all aren't willing to commit to any single crime or choice above and simply bitch about the nature of this post, making incorrect assumptions about my intentions starting it and ignoring the exact language I specifically chose in starting it.

Do we simply want to keep bitching about the shitty state of our society and government and keep blaming everyone else for our problems or take a stand say enough is enough? Are any of us willing to say X is a no-go for me and I will fight to get rid of them or simply keep letting them get away with immoral and/or illegal behavior.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2018 14:27 #12 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
The goal of THIS topic is that it was intended to be a discussion of whether we hold any of our elected representatives accountable for their actions and what actions are those which cross the line, and if anyone was willing to commit in writing to that. I find it intriguing that y'all aren't willing to commit to any single crime or choice above and simply bitch about the nature of this post, making incorrect assumptions about my intentions starting it and ignoring the exact language I specifically chose in starting it.

Do we simply want to keep bitching about the shitty state of our society and government and keep blaming everyone else for our problems or take a stand say enough is enough? Are any of us willing to say X is a no-go for me and I will fight to get rid of them or simply keep letting them get away with immoral and/or illegal behavior.

Tell me SC, who in government jobs are ever held accountable? Was anyone in the IRS held to account for what they did? How about the worthless people who allowed people to die in the crappy government VA system? Will Anyone in the FBI be held accountable for lying or using unverified garbage to spy on Americans? Hell no. My point is that nobody in a government job is ever held accountable unless they are actually caught in the act or are taken down by a DNA stain. This is why I'm for a smaller more accountable government an NO GOVERNMENT UNIONS.

As for presidents being immoral and doing things illegally, Clinton set the standard for morality or lack of and that doesn't bother me anymore because presidents have become more like quarterbacks for their team and not leaders for the entire population. Obama referred to Republicans as "the enemy" and "terrorists" and Trump isn't any better. We never dug deep enough into Obama's secret past to know every thing he's ever done. Dems have the rare opportunity to dig through Trump's lawyer's entire career looking for any little thing that may trip him up, but nothing having to do with collusion, which was just a bullshit insurance policy in case he won. Trump also has a long history of business in the real world where as people like Obama and Bernie Sanders have done next to nothing to be scrutinized. If you want Trump to be disqualified for the position, you better find some criminal wrongdoing in his past because the morality card was just as worthless when JFK was president.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Aug 2018 06:37 #13 by Brandon
ScienceChic, your question has been answered. It's none of the above. Members of the trump cult are completely without morals and principles. To compare them to whores would be an insult to honest, hard working prostitutes everywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carrie

16 Aug 2018 13:58 #14 by Rick

Brandon wrote: ScienceChic, your question has been answered. It's none of the above. Members of the trump cult are completely without morals and principles. To compare them to whores would be an insult to honest, hard working prostitutes everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder why so few people post in this section, then you answer my question perfectly.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Aug 2018 16:35 - 16 Aug 2018 16:35 #15 by Brandon
I'll stand by it. None of the above described actions have caused, or would cause you, to withdraw from the trump cult. DISGUSTING!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carrie

16 Aug 2018 17:24 #16 by ramage
Brandon,
You are a sly one. You want Trump to be impeached and removed from office so that VP Pence will become President. First on his agenda will be to make abortion illegal. Good move Brandon!

17 Aug 2018 08:37 #17 by Brandon
Nyet, nyet. This thread's subject is the grotesque moral failures of the trump cult.

17 Aug 2018 12:11 #18 by Rick

Brandon wrote: Nyet, nyet. This thread's subject is the grotesque moral failures of the trump cult.

I'm thrilled with what Trump is doing for the economy and a lot of other Obama failures, so if that makes me a cult member, so be it. Mindless liberals like yourself would rather see the economy crash if it meant assuring Trump only gets one term... that is a fact and you can not deny it. In fact, I'd bet even liberals with active brain cells like SC would consider that as being a worthwhile sacrifice if it meant ending Trump's presidency. Am I wrong SC?

George Orwell

17 Aug 2018 16:34 #19 by ramage
Brandon said, "Nyet, nyet. This thread's subject is the grotesque moral failures of the trump cult." The thread is titled Poll: What's a dealbreaker for you to withdraw support of a politician." Not about a Trump cult.
I am glad to see that you, Brandon, look forward to a Pence presidency. You push to make abortion illegal is cleverly disguised in your hatred for anything that President Trump has done.
May I sign you up for membership in the National Right To Life Organization?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds