Gotta Hand it to Him.

13 Aug 2018 07:49 #21 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Gotta Hand it to Him.
But of course I support private enterprise, comrade! The point that Elon Musk does not owe his status as a successful businessman or billionaire primarily to the government has been made. We also agree that much if not most new technology is not affordable. We don't agree on the desirability of making subsidies available to new technology, but you don't have reality on your side in that disagreement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2018 11:43 #22 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gotta Hand it to Him.
It does appear that the electric car tax credit was written for small car companies like him. Once production numbers reach a certain amount the subsidy disappears. Was this created to help gemake it easier for new entries into the electric car field? Or specificslly Tesla?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Aug 2018 16:09 #23 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Gotta Hand it to Him.
"We also agree that much if not most new technology is not affordable. We don't agree on the desirability of making subsidies available to new technology, but you don't have reality on your side in that disagreement".
Brandon, perhaps you are confusing my comments with another blog. I don't agree that new technology is not affordable. Like you $999 million question, I am at a lost as to what your comment regarding reality means. Please explain.

13 Aug 2018 17:04 #24 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Gotta Hand it to Him.

ramage wrote: Brandon, perhaps you are confusing my comments with another blog. I don't agree that new technology is not affordable.

Here's an article about the price of the Tesla Model 3:

www.fool.com/investing/2017/08/06/surpri...esnt-cost-35000.aspx

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds