Vote Lesley Dahlkemper for Jefferson County Commissioner!

11 Oct 2018 17:17 #1 by ldahlkemper

Why I'm Running
Our family has called Jefferson County home for 23 years. It’s a great place to raise a family, start a business, enjoy the outdoors, or retire. As the gateway to the Rockies, Jefferson County offers a quality of life that’s unparalleled. As members of this community, our values and our choices directly impact our quality of life – and the lives of future generations. I’m running for county commissioner because I believe in improving lives and building opportunity in our community. I’ll work to enhance our quality of life, protect our open space, attract good jobs, address housing and transportation, and promote safe, livable communities. You can count on me to listen to diverse perspectives and find workable solutions. My 30-year career as a former award-winning business owner, journalist, and nonprofit executive has been devoted to improving outcomes in our community and Colorado.

What does a County Commissioner Do?
Three county commissioners, each one representing a different district, serve as the governing body for Jefferson County. Voters elect commissioners countywide for up to two, four-year terms. They work with staff to identify the county’s budget priorities and set policy related to land use, economic development, open space, human services, and more. Only one commissioner seat (District 3), representing south Jeffco, is up for election in November 2018.

We're heading to Pine and Conifer! Join us on Sun., Oct. 14 from 3:30-5:00 p.m. for a meet & greet hosted by Kathryn Althage in Pine or join us in Conifer, hosted by Danielle Heller at Peak Academy of Dance, from 6-7 p.m. We'll talk more about the county commissioner's role, why it matters to our quality of life and listen to your ideas and concerns. Please RSVP to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks!

Learn more about my campaign, or sign up to volunteer, here: dahlkemperforjeffco.com/

Please contact me anytime with questions, concerns, and to share your ideas, challenges, and hopes for the future! My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2018 12:26 #2 by ldahlkemper
Update: Meet & greet in Pine from 3:30-5 p.m. is a go! We're postponing Conifer due to weather. Stay tuned for updates!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

15 Oct 2018 16:05 #3 by ldahlkemper
Ballots are being mailed starting today! If you have registered to vote yet, there is still time. Please click here for more information on how to register and voting centers. If you wish to check on your registration status, please go to voterlookup.jeffco.us

If you need a ride to your voting location on November 6, both Uber and Lyft are providing free or discounted rides.
Uber: www.uber.com/newsroom/drivethevote/
Lyft: blog.lyft.com/posts/2018/8/22/get-out-the-vote

Our postponed Conifer Meet and Greet yesterday is now rescheduled for Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at Peak Academy of Dance, 26437 Conifer Rd from 6:30-7:30pm. Please RSVP to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks!

Our upcoming schedule:
County Commissioner Forum* - GOLDEN
Tuesday, October 16 – 6-8 p.m.
Jefferson Unitarian Church
14350 W 32nd Ave., Golden
League of Women Voters

County Commissioner Forum* - ARVADA
Friday, October 19 – 7:15-9 a.m.
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
6901 Wadsworth Blvd., Arvada
Arvada Chamber of Commerce

County Commissioner Forum* - WESTMINSTER
Saturday, October 20 – 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Covenant Village of Colorado
9153 Yarrow St., Westminster
Westminster Chamber of Commerce

Lesley Talks with members of Facts Before Opinion - EVERGREEN
Monday, October 22 – 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Seniors Resource Center (Yellow House)
5120 Highway 73, Evergreen
Fact Before Opinion

Meet the Democratic County Candidates - EVERGREEN
Monday, October 22 – 5:30-7 p.m.
Evergreen Library
5000 County Road 73, Evergreen
Jeffco Democrats County Meet and Greet

County Commissioner Forum* - CONIFER
Tuesday, Oct. 24 – 6-8:00 p.m.
The Venue Theater
27132 Main Street, Conifer
Evergreen Newspaper, Conifer Chamber, Evergreen Chamber (w/ Qs from audience)

*These will be formal, question and answer forums with the county commissioner candidates.

21 Oct 2018 15:01 #4 by ScienceChic
Sharing this testimonial by Natalie Romsos Abbott with permission in its entirety:

Jefferson County Friends - I have never been in a position to call a candidate running for political office a friend, but this year is different. It is my true honor to recommend Lesley Dahlkemper as Jefferson County Commissioner in the upcoming election.

A couple of weeks ago I had a conversation with a neighbor, Katie, who noticed the Lesley Dahlkemper sign in our front yard. In 1992, Katie was in 6th grade. Lesley was her mentor through the Colorado I have a Dream program. Katie has since graduated from the Colorado School of Mines and now works with a local utility company while raising two young kids. Talking with Katie made me realize that Lesely has been making an impact in our community for many more years than the ten short years I have known her.

Lesley is and has been an integral part of many organizations I love – including the Boys & Girls Club, CASA and The Action Center. I have been blessed to know Lesley as a strong supporter of The Arc of Jefferson County (I met her for the first time at one of their community picnics), parent in our son’s elementary school, PTA president for our local middle school, and Jefferson County School board member. I remember watching in amazement during many contentious school board meetings where Lesley kept her composure when most people would have been broken. She was the true picture of grace. After one particularly rough meeting that went until the wee hours of the morning (long after I was in bed), I sent Lesley a gift card for a dinner out. While I did not think a thing of my gesture, Lesley promptly returned it to me explaining she was not able to accept gifts. It might seem insignificant to some, but that kind of integrity is gold to me.

Twenty six years ago, Lesley was not on the campaign trail when she was mentoring Katie. She was doing what she has done all her life. She was following her passion to serve her community in meaningful ways and make a difference. She still does. Lesley’s leadership and heart to serve are second to none. Jefferson County is already a better place because of Lesley. Until November 6th, I can only imagine what it will be like with her as County Commissioner!

dahlkemperforjeffco.com/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

24 Oct 2018 17:42 #5 by ldahlkemper
Effective leadership is about listening to diverse perspectives, finding common ground and identifying workable solutions. I'm proud to earn the following endorsements (inc. Edgewater Mayor Laura Keegan) and I would be honored to earn your vote! More at dahlkemperforjeffco.com/endorsements-for-lesley-dahlkemper/

Join us tonight to hear from candidates for Jeffco commissioner, Jeffco assessor, House Dist. 25 and Senate Dist. 16. I hope to see you there!
Attachments:

31 Oct 2018 21:38 #6 by ldahlkemper
Local elections matter - a lot. But too often they're easily overlooked. County commissioners make decisions regularly that impact our quality of life - economic development, open space, roads, public safety, mental health, libraries, land use - and even education.

We're not taking this race from granted. Far from it. And we hope you agree!

These are 3 ways you can help between now and Nov. 6:

1) Phone bank w/ us either from the comfort of your home or at Jill Beery Fellman's house in Arvada on Friday from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. All you need is a charged cell phone!

2) Join Congressman Ed Perlmutter, other candidates and me for one of two honk and waves, from 7:30-8:30 a.m. (we'll bring Dahlkemper signs):

- Nov. 2: 80th & Wadsworth
- Nov. 6: 32nd & Youngfield

3) Share this post and our Vote Lesley graphic today on your Facebook wall.

Above all, don't forget to VOTE for your county candidates in Jeffco! #votethewholeballot

A friendly reminder: it's too late to mail your ballot. Please take your ballot to a drop off locations listed at votejeffco.com. The deadline for returning ballots is Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. Thank you!
Attachments:

06 Nov 2018 09:03 #7 by ldahlkemper
We’ve accomplished a lot together - thank you!

A heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped us phone bank, canvass, host meet & greets, write postcards and more. Thank you! We're working right up until 7 p.m. to earn your vote.

Still need to vote? Check www.jeffco.us/elections for VSPC and drop-box locations.

Track your ballot with jeffco.ballottrax.net/voter/
Attachments:

07 Nov 2018 21:19 #8 by ldahlkemper

You knocked on doors and talked with voters.

You wrote thousands of postcards.

You donated – some of you monthly – so our message reached every corner of Jeffco.

You phone banked with us and opened your homes to host meet and greets.

You even stood in the slush and rain at 7:30 in the morning for a honk and wave.

This historic win belongs to you!

I’ll be proud to serve as your next Jefferson County Commissioner.

I’d also like to take a moment to thank my opponent, Commissioner Tina Francone, for her dedication to Jeffco over the last several months. Running for office in a county this large is challenging no matter which side of the aisle you sit. I thank Tina for her commitment to Jeffco.

My heartfelt thanks to our hard-working volunteers, our campaign advisory team including Commissioner Casey Tighe and former State Senator and long-time friend Norma Anderson, my friends and family and – most of all – my husband Mike Feeley and our daughter Grace. I couldn’t have done this without them!

You have my promise that I’ll work tirelessly to listen to diverse points of view and find common ground to solve our most pressing issues. We have a proud tradition in Jeffco of working collaboratively. When we work together with integrity and heart, we’ll always find the best path forward.

Thank you for your tireless efforts!

All my best,
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds