Female Genital Mutilation

30 Nov 2018 18:55 #21 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Female Genital Mutilation
Homeagain,
Your point regarding Female Genital mutilation? Your ACLU reference does not address what should better be known as Female CHILD Genital Mutilation. It is a rant against Justice
Kavanaugh, written 7/18/18. Good for you, you do not approve of his being on the Supreme Court.
Now please address the problem of Female Child Genital Mutilation. Am I to assume that you equate this dastardly act with abortion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2018 08:07 #22 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Female Genital Mutilation

ramage wrote: Homeagain,
Your point regarding Female Genital mutilation? Your ACLU reference does not address what should better be known as Female CHILD Genital Mutilation. It is a rant against Justice
Kavanaugh, written 7/18/18. Good for you, you do not approve of his being on the Supreme Court.
Now please address the problem of Female Child Genital Mutilation. Am I to assume that you equate this dastardly act with abortion?

From my POV ....it is an excellent example of what you "speak" of, miscarriage of justice within our legal system, BECAUSE of a predominately PATRIARCHAL perception. Now, consider how this decision MIGHT have been decided if a female would have been presiding ( in both cases).

The problem you attempted to bring forward for discussion is a GLOBAL problem, females
are/have been 2nd class citizens since forever. Their "rights" are non-existent for the most part..

I am 71 YO and have been an observer of the inequality (salary,medical attention, legal
issues,RESPECT just to name a few....the list is endless) I can post reference after reference
of footnotes to back this pov .)

' Until parity is achieved within the global arena, this abominable act ( and others) will continue. The answer to your question is this, when humanity becomes humane (walks in another moccasins) then our species will evolve.

Let.'s EXPAND this discussion....do you think gender reassignment is wrong (even if your child states he/she feels uncomfortable in their own skin.....and expresses (vehemently) that they are in the WRONG body)......same issue, someone else is making decisions that impact an individual forever.

03 Dec 2018 11:04 #23 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Female Genital Mutilation
I also believe gender reassignment surgery should not be allowed until the person is 21. Hard to make good, lifetime decisions when you are in your turbulent teenage years.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Dec 2018 09:50 #24 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Female Genital Mutilation

FredHayek wrote: I also believe gender reassignment surgery should not be allowed until the person is 21. Hard to make good, lifetime decisions when you are in your turbulent teenage years.

Unfortunately there are a few MEDICAL reasons that would put your reasoning in jeopardy.
1. it is a scientific fact that the frontal lobe (I think that is the correct med term) does NOT fully develop in young adults until the approx. age of 28-30. (the reason why you see 21 yo doing incredible stupid and dangerous activities......they have NOT thought it thru to see the ramification of their actions

2. .the window of medical opportunity to perform gender reassignment is BEFORE the hormones (testosterone and estrogen) have kicked in. The drugs to inhibit these factors need to be administered before that timeline so that the process can be monitored/revised OR RE EVALUATED. The success of the individual's future is time sensitive. STOPPING the natural
progression of female/male development is part of the protocol until the child is "ready" or NOT.
meaning it was just a "phase"......in most cases. (I can find the research if you wish) the child will proceed with the decision they have made BECAUSE they intuitively KNOW they are in the wrong body....at a very early age.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds