Female Genital Mutilation

21 Nov 2018 18:14 #1 by ramage
What more can be said about the legal system. Bring your female children to me and I will remove their clitoris and labia because our culture demands it. Courtesy of the Federal District Court, Bernard Friedman presiding: It is unconstitutional to not allow this practice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2018 08:17 #2 by ScienceChic
My personal view is that anyone advocating for, condoning, allowing, or encouraging female mutilation is evil or paid off to say so.

That our justice system allows this to be argued in court is a cornerstone of our impartial justice system; hopefully, what is right prevails and rules against this barbaric practice.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2018 11:40 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Female Genital Mutilation
One thing we know for sure is that if this was being done by Christians (especially the evil white one's), it would have been on every front page and every worthless tv news outlet. But it isn't, so it wasn't.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Nov 2018 19:02 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Female Genital Mutilation
I usually support religious freedom but I think you shouldn't be allowed to operate on underage children. If you want to mutilate yourself, wait until you are 18, or better yet, 21.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Nov 2018 09:28 #5 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Female Genital Mutilation

ramage wrote: What more can be said about the legal system. Bring your female children to me and I will remove their clitoris and labia because our culture demands it. Courtesy of the Federal District Court, Bernard Friedman presiding: It is unconstitutional to not allow this practice.

Wrong. The ruling was that the federal government did not have the constitutional authority to prohibit it, and that doing so is a state's responsibility.
This is actually a ruling that would be applauded by thoughtful and intellectually coherent conservatives.

26 Nov 2018 09:42 #6 by Brandon

Rick wrote: One thing we know for sure is that if this was being done by Christians (especially the evil white one's), it would have been on every front page and every worthless tv news outlet. But it isn't, so it wasn't.

What do you mean, "we?" That's a pretty flimsy attempt to fold this into the fake narrative in your mind regarding the ongoing and institutionalized persecution of Christianity.

26 Nov 2018 10:04 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Female Genital Mutilation
Normally I am a fan of states rights, but in the case of FGM, I think we need a strong national law. I don't want this to happen in any US state or territory. And once again, if you want to schedule a surgery for yourself to remove your clitoris, go ahead, but don't do this to someone underage.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Nov 2018 10:19 #8 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: Normally I am a fan of states rights, but in the case of FGM, I think we need a strong national law. I don't want this to happen in any US state or territory. And once again, if you want to schedule a surgery for yourself to remove your clitoris, go ahead, but don't do this to someone underage.

Do you believe that what you "think" and "want" is more important than constitutional limits on the federal government's power?

26 Nov 2018 11:50 #9 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Female Genital Mutilation

Brandon wrote:

ramage wrote: What more can be said about the legal system. Bring your female children to me and I will remove their clitoris and labia because our culture demands it. Courtesy of the Federal District Court, Bernard Friedman presiding: It is unconstitutional to not allow this practice.

Wrong. The ruling was that the federal government did not have the constitutional authority to prohibit it, and that doing so is a state's responsibility.
This is actually a ruling that would be applauded by thoughtful and intellectually coherent conservatives.

so WHY was it not presented to the CORRECT COURT......in the first attempt. find it TERRIFYING that all males are responding, if i understand the avatar/names......where are the FEMALES ON THIS TOPIC

26 Nov 2018 12:29 - 26 Nov 2018 12:29 #10 by Brandon
A federal court is the correct venue for a violation of a federal law. Michigan did not outlaw this until after the federal charges were brought.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds