Rest in Peace President George H. W. Bush

01 Dec 2018 07:34 #1 by ScienceChic
The very first election in which I could vote, I proudly cast it for President George H. W. Bush and over the years felt that pride resurge seeing him become friends with President Clinton and Mrs. Obama. To me, he embodied what it means to be American; someone who wasn't perfect but who had perfect intentions. He loved his country, he loved his family, and we have lost a great role model and leader. Rest in peace Mr. President, you will be missed.

"America is never wholly herself unless she is engaged in high moral principle. We as a people have such a purpose today. It is to make kinder the face of the nation and gentler the face of the world." -Inauguration speech, Jan. 20, 1989.

"In crucial things, unity. In important things, diversity. In all things, generosity."

"Don't confuse being 'soft' with seeing the other guy's point of view."

"This is America ... a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky." -Acceptance speech at Republican National Convention, Aug. 18, 1988.

George HW Bush, 41st US president, dies aged 94 – video obituary
A look back at the life of the patriarch of the Bush political dynasty who was president from 1989-93. Bush is remembered for guiding the US through the breakup of the Soviet Union and the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. George W Bush said his father was 'a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for'

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2018 11:08 #2 by FredHayek
He will be buried on the grounds of his presidential library. I would have thought a hero veteran like him would have been buried at Arlington National Cemetery like JFK. Anyways, thank you sir for your service to this nation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2018 13:23 #3 by ramage
George H.W. Bush will be interred next to his wife, of 73 years, Barbara, in Texas. It is my belief that this was their choice.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds