trump's tirade will be TRUMPED by TSA

05 Jan 2019 21:21 #11 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: I Shutting down our government hurts us all, it's our largest employer, our economy depends upon it functioning]

And thank you SC for also making my point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2019 06:53 #12 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: Talk a walk on the wild side....... go visit a Natl park and pick your way thru mounds of trash, human waste and then witness the awe of nature.....(NOT)...... because respect for nature is non existent....oh and I hope your vacation destination (via air) is just as refreshing. Your humor BB is
questionable at best....jmo

Thank you for making my point homeagain.
The awe of nature does not need the government to exist. Do you need nature to have the stamp of approval from government before you can witness it.
Walk outside.

In years past THAT statement may have been true.....NOT today. You live in the mountains, for a very long time now,,,,YOU have witnessed the stupidity and down right arrogance of humans. When CDOT has to pass a law about adequate tire traction and EXPLAIN how to drive in the mountains in snow, the gene pool TRULY has degraded to a point of no return

When LEAVE NO TRACE is a phrase that is obsolete in its meaning,,,you can NO LONGER expect nature to flourish and thrive, I have walked outside......the amount of cans, plastic bottles,DIRTY Diapers AND disrespect is appalling. WHAT HAPPENED TO PACK IT OUT.?

06 Jan 2019 09:17 #13 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: ... WHAT HAPPENED TO PACK IT OUT.?

I think pack it out can be generalized as personal responsibility. I believe personal responsibility decreases as the nanny state increases.
Why pack it out if the government will do it for you? Remember the life of Julia? Not a good trend IMO.

06 Jan 2019 10:42 #14 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

I think pack it out can be generalized as personal responsibility. I believe personal responsibility decreases as the nanny state increases.
Why pack it out if the government will do it for you? Remember the life of Julia? Not a good trend IMO.

STILL does not address the reason CDOT had to institute the traction law.......it is a self perpetuating paradigm ........incredible lack of intelligence,,,,,,,,if you live in a state that has snow,mountain passes and a winter SEASON.....common sense comes into play......OR NOT
then the government is required to implement laws......one of the friggin reason we left the mountains and the front range,. the gridlock was grinding us down.jmo

06 Jan 2019 11:02 #15 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

STILL does not address the reason CDOT had to institute the traction law.......it is a self perpetuating paradigm ........incredible lack of intelligence,,,,,,,,if you live in a state that has snow,mountain passes and a winter SEASON.....common sense comes into play......OR NOT
then the government is required to implement laws......one of the friggin reason we left the mountains and the front range,. the gridlock was grinding us down.jmo

I AM NOT trying to address traction laws. I am trying to reduce it to basics. The cartoon I posted is not meant to be funny.
As I see it you are willing to trade freedom for safety. I think that approach ends badly.
I think I understand your point. I hope you understand mine. Here I will leave it. The sun is shining and I must go.
Have a great day.

06 Jan 2019 12:30 - 06 Jan 2019 12:36 #16 by homeagain
Have a bodacious day BB....I..REPOSTED the current effort to educate the uninformed or the
absence of common sense.

You might be asking yourself (collectively) WHY does she care, she doesn't live here currently.

BECAUSE my family was stuck in Frisco for FIVE HOURS, mega multi car crashes on Sat.
Thanksgiving weekend.......it just keeps getting worse.

06 Jan 2019 12:58 #17 by ScienceChic
BlazerBob, I do understand your desire to limit government and increase personal responsibility; and I wholeheartedly agree with the latter all day every day. However, just like an addict, you cannot quit drugs cold-turkey. Not only is it dangerous and mean the addict endures horrible suffering, but it's completely unnecessary when there are safe methods to wean the addict that don't lead to everyone else's suffering as well.

Shutting down the government over an absurd demand for a boondoggle by a man who barely grasps economics, security issues, or that there's value outside of anything beside himself and simply getting what he wants is not the way to lead nor is it the way to fix the inefficiencies in how our government operates least of all people's self-motivation.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Jan 2019 09:58 #18 by ramage
SC,
Please note, from your referenced Washington Post Article "When lawmakers failed to pass bills Dec. 21 to fund multiple federal agencies, an existing pay freeze lapsed. It was enacted by Congress in 2013 for top executives and was renewed each year."
Might as well blame Trump,
"a man who barely grasps economics, security issues, or that there's value outside of anything beside himself and simply getting what he wants...." Why don't you tell us how you really feel about the President.

07 Jan 2019 10:42 #19 by hillfarmer
Hmmm... I thought it was quite clear.

07 Jan 2019 11:18 #20 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/grantmartin/2019/01...tinues/#1461c4ee65ba

CURRENT conditions for the first day of the week......WHAT will Friday feel like? Oh, gee it just might get better IF all concerned come to a compromise JMO

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds