trump's tirade will be TRUMPED by TSA

07 Jan 2019 15:17 #21 by FredHayek
Lowest unemployment rate since the 1960's. So those non-essential government employees can now get jobs in private industry where they will be essential and contributing to the economy instead of only draining the tax coffers. They set up these partial government shutdowns to make the news and the slanted press just goes along with it to make Republicans look bad. Shut down the Statue of Liberty, that will show the public how necessary government workers are! They don't shut down the Departments of Energy and Education because no one knows what these bureaus actually do. We could shut down the Department of Education forever and not notice its absence.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2019 16:01 #22 by Brandon
One of the more moronic aspects of the shutdown is that the "non-essential" employees you refer to include the Coast Guard, Border Patrol, and Transportation Security Administration. So on the one hand, it's all about border security, and on the other hand, the orange shitgibbon has completely or partially shut down the agencies that serve that function.

"They set up these partial government shutdowns"? Who are they?

07 Jan 2019 17:24 #23 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: One of the more moronic aspects of the shutdown is that the "non-essential" employees you refer to include the Coast Guard, Border Patrol, and Transportation Security Administration. So on the one hand, it's all about border security, and on the other hand, the orange shitgibbon has completely or partially shut down the agencies that serve that function.

You come from a ideology that thinks Americans cannot do anything without a massive federal bureaucracy, the same bureaucracy that sets the terms for a partial shutdown. Of course they are going to make it look as bad as possible. That was why they wrote it to shutdown those parts. You may not be old enough to remember but only a couple decades ago, the metal detectors at the airport were run by private industry. And based on the last decade, it appears private industry worked just as well as TSA.

07 Jan 2019 17:37 #24 by Brandon
That's a straw man. Understanding that functions related to national security should not be privatized and run on a for-profit basis is not the same thing as believing that "Americans cannot do anything without a massive federal bureaucracy, the same bureaucracy that sets the terms for a partial shutdown."

And what the hell is the second part of that? You think the federal agencies that are shut down shut themselves down? Face reality for a change - your idiot king did this.

07 Jan 2019 19:31 #25 by homeagain

Brandon wrote: One of the more moronic aspects of the shutdown is that the "non-essential" employees you refer to include the Coast Guard, Border Patrol, and Transportation Security Administration. So on the one hand, it's all about border security, and on the other hand, the orange shitgibbon has completely or partially shut down the agencies that serve that function.

Gee BB I guess you missed this piece of information (would you like to re access the king;s mental acuity?

07 Jan 2019 20:25 #26 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:
Gee BB I guess you missed this piece of information (would you like to re access the king;s mental acuity?

I did not miss it home. I just think any attempt at a rational conversation with you is currently nil. In sane company the "king" is referred to as the President. Carry on.

08 Jan 2019 06:35 #27 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote:

I did not miss it home. I just think any attempt at a rational conversation with you is currently nil. In sane company the "king" is referred to as the President. Carry on.

From my pov you have to hold a certain level of intellectual insight AND KNOW what you do NOT KNOW.....The king has no understanding of the global arena nor economics,,,,,,,he is a REALITY STAR who has a huge ego and is narcissistic. when ALL the inner circle of intelligence (who are now gone from the . gov, structure) have indicated the exact same sentiment,,,,,,I KNOW it is not just my opinion. RESPECT for the POTUS does not hold water when your leader is unaware and unaffected by TRUTH, jmo

14 Jan 2019 09:26 #28 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: I'm guessing that people are not going to patiently sit by as they run out of money for food, electricity, mortgages, and gasoline. How about you? Imagine what this will do to our economy. And not getting their tax refunds back, that'll make 'em happy and feeling really good about this wall which less than 50% of the public is in favor of. Shutting down our government hurts us all, it's our largest employer, our economy depends upon it functioning, just a few veterans and the elderly depend on health care and financial assistance to survive, and our security is critical to it being fully operational. Or should we let TSA and Border Agents eventually leave their jobs to find something else so they can eat? Perhaps it's just fine that FBI agents will stop investigating crimes and let criminals do what they want without consequence, there can't possibly be any negative ramifications of that, right?
:sarcasm:
I'm seeing rumors that he's going to take some sort of deal and tell McConnell to pass whatever they have on Monday so this below is likely all moot (other than the deaths in the national parks, which are a tragedy). We shall see how this shakes out, but the point being that our White House doesn't seem to understand how government works at all or what exactly it's responsible for and they are in way over their heads. Trump is not in charge of his own business where he can play hard-ball like he's used to, politics is about negotiation and compromise.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences
By Damian Paletta and Erica Werner
January 4 at 6:17 PM

Food stamps for 38 million low-income Americans would face severe reductions and more than $140 billion in tax refunds are at risk of being frozen or delayed if the government shutdown stretches into February, widespread disruptions that threaten to hurt the economy.

The Trump administration, which had not anticipated a long-term shutdown, recognized only this week the breadth of the potential impact, several senior administration officials said. The officials said they were focused now on understanding the scope of the consequences and determining whether there is anything they can do to intervene.

“People in this country will go hungry,” said Rep. Rosa L. DeLauro (D-Conn.). “It’s simple. They go hungry. . . . These are working people. We’re not talking about people who are dogging it.”

The disruption would hurt not only the families that receive the assistance but also grocers and other retailers where the money is spent.

Treasury Department officials, meanwhile, are trying to determine what to do with the flood of requests for tax refunds that will come in next month.

FBI Agents Assoc. @FBIAgentsAssoc Jan 1
FBIAA Pres. @tfoconnor83 - “FBIAA members and others are currently working without pay or paid leave because of a fourth government shutdown in five years. The FBIAA calls on elected officials to work together to end the shutdown and restore Agents’ pay.” (Statement attached.)

National parks struggle to stay open, safe during shutdown

Three people have died in national parks since start of government shutdown

Approx. 10 days later.......the FUBAR IS IN FULL TILT......TRUMP HAS SUCCEEDED, The majority of the public now believes TRUMP AND THE R'S are to blame.

14 Jan 2019 10:46 #29 by FredHayek
If getting federal employees paychecks is so important why aren't Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer at the White House now working on a compromise bill? Why are they holding these employees hostage because they refuse to budge? Politics is compromise and both of these politicians have supported building walls in the past.

16 Jan 2019 12:04 #30 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: If getting federal employees paychecks is so important why aren't Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer at the White House now working on a compromise bill? Why are they holding these employees hostage because they refuse to budge? Politics is compromise and both of these politicians have supported building walls in the past.

NOT a snide question. FRED.....talk to me about MCCONNELL and his mindset ….one that has TWICE refused to bring back bi partisan ship and VOTE ON A BILL PRESENTED,
NOT ONCE BUT TWICE BY THE D'S.!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds