the truth starts to appear......COST of the shutdown

16 Jan 2019 14:12 - 16 Jan 2019 15:01 #21 by homeagain
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-...could-get-much-worse

FOR **** who forgets what FACTS actually look like.......if the **** mindset can't or
won't research.....here are the "cliff notes" to the crisis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2019 11:36 #22 by ScienceChic
So I've been wondering:
Where are all of these 800,000 furloughed workers going to find jobs in the private sector? Do you think there are that many open positions that fit their qualifications that they could get hired? Because businesses are going to start hurting since those people have no money to spend. Those who aren't jobless will be donating more to help (and wondering how this is going to impact them) and businesses will feel the pinch and not hire on more people.

When food stamps stop being handed out, what do you think is going to happen? Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself what you would do if you and your kids were hungry.

How many of those 800,000 have homes on which they will be defaulting on mortgage payments? Electric, gas, phone bills? What effect do you think it will have on banks who have to defer collecting or foreclose? Will public utilities cut services or take the hit to their income?

When border patrol, TSA, and coast guard stop coming to work and find other jobs, how are we going to hire them back when the government opens back up? Would you go back to that work environment knowing that the next time some member of our government decides to hold us hostage for a pet project you'll be right back in this situation? I know I sure wouldn't.

This will start affecting us all very personally and soon.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: parkcobound

17 Jan 2019 14:29 #23 by FredHayek
Blue states are making furloughed federal workers and those working for federal contractors eligible for unemployment benefits. Maybe the dedicated federal workers will stay and keep their jobs and the deadwood will find more fulfilling jobs in the private sector.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jan 2019 14:59 #24 by parkcobound
This is what I've been getting at and I think it is a much bigger deal than some people realize. This all has a trickle down effect and we will all feel it one way or another.

17 Jan 2019 19:27 #25 by ramage
This is what border security is all about.

These are the Angel Moms, they have lost children to illegal aliens, not a delayed paycheck.

28 Jan 2019 12:49 #26 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: So I've been wondering:
Where are all of these 800,000 furloughed workers going to find jobs in the private sector? Do you think there are that many open positions that fit their qualifications that they could get hired? Because businesses are going to start hurting since those people have no money to spend. Those who aren't jobless will be donating more to help (and wondering how this is going to impact them) and businesses will feel the pinch and not hire on more people.

When food stamps stop being handed out, what do you think is going to happen? Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself what you would do if you and your kids were hungry.

How many of those 800,000 have homes on which they will be defaulting on mortgage payments? Electric, gas, phone bills? What effect do you think it will have on banks who have to defer collecting or foreclose? Will public utilities cut services or take the hit to their income?

When border patrol, TSA, and coast guard stop coming to work and find other jobs, how are we going to hire them back when the government opens back up? Would you go back to that work environment knowing that the next time some member of our government decides to hold us hostage for a pet project you'll be right back in this situation? I know I sure wouldn't.

This will start affecting us all very personally and soon.

www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/government-shutd...-11-billion-cbo.html

HERE IS THE MONETARY COST......twice the cost of the wall and revenue that WILL NEVER BE RECOUPED...…and the king is stupid enough to consider doing it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smithmarie

04 Feb 2019 20:37 #27 by Blazer Bob

parkcobound wrote: This is what I've been getting at and I think it is a much bigger deal than some people realize. This all has a trickle down effect and we will all feel it one way or another.

Or not.

"Economy added 304,000 jobs in January, despite longest government shutdown in history"

www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/economy...ent-shutdown-n965706

05 Feb 2019 08:07 #28 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

parkcobound wrote: This is what I've been getting at and I think it is a much bigger deal than some people realize. This all has a trickle down effect and we will all feel it one way or another.

Or not.

"Economy added 304,000 jobs in January, despite longest government shutdown in history"

www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/economy...ent-shutdown-n965706

www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669
Of particular note is the unemployment section in OVERVIEW...….low paying, part time when FULL time is required.....in otherwords….NOT AS ROSEY as the reality of the FACTS

WATCH the trade tariffs tank the equation.....many factors that are fragile...jmo

05 Feb 2019 17:27 #29 by ramage
Homeagain,
Are you in the workforce? If so private or government?

05 Feb 2019 18:54 #30 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Homeagain,
Are you in the workforce? If so private or government?

WHY do you ask?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds